• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Remind me what happened in Jan?

Its been well documented and discussed here, poet but in short. Walker, Cook, Graham, Wighton and Cam were all unable to train.
it derailed our preparation, significantly

Some clearly don’t want to accept that as a reason but in my mind, it had a profound effect along with other issues that clearly impacted

I liked Solly saying one of the mandates will be to get minutes into the up and coming guys.

Being out of contention sucks, but don’t waste the opportunity to get a real good look (at the NRL level) at your gen next. Their development will be invaluable for the next man up.

Moale, Mamouzelos, Munro, Gray, Duncan, even Fletcher and Mellars perhaps by the back end of the year. Expose them, get them some minutes and experience, and strengthen the guys that are going to occupy spots 14-20 of your roster.
I've been wondering if Munro should actually sit the rest of the year out?

Its been well documented and discussed here, poet but in short. Walker, Cook, Graham, Wighton and Cam were all unable to train.
it derailed our preparation, significantly

Some clearly don’t want to accept that as a reason but in my mind, it had a profound effect along with other issues that clearly impacted
Disagree with this.

First, this does not explain our performances from Round 11 last year.

Second, if proper structures and processes are in place, it shouldn't matter that certain players are not able to train/play. The important part is the structure not the players. This is mainly our issue; our play is built around players not structure. This is why JD had to go.

Look at Penrith, Melbourne. Injuries don't derail them because proper structures have been implemented and players fit into the structure. So when Munster, Asofa-Solomona., Papenhuyzen, Hughes and others are not available for the Storm, it doesn't derail them. They win games or are competitive. Similarly, for Penrith when Cleary, Martin, Fisher-Harris are not there.

Last edited:
Disagree with this.

First, this does not explain our performances from Round 11 last year.

Second, if proper structures and processes are in place, it shouldn't matter that certain players are not able to train/play. The important part is the structure not the players. This is mainly our issue; our play is built around players not structure. This is why JD had to go.

Look at Penrith, Melbourne. Injuries don't derail them because proper structures have been implemented and players fit into the structure. So when Munster, Asofa-Solomona., Papenhuyzen, Hughes and others are not available for the Storm, it doesn't derail them. They win games or are competitive. Similarly, for Penrith when Clearly, Martin, Fisher-Harris are not there.

I don’t disagree with that sentiment, however circumstances are totally different

Yes, because we allowed them to be.

There is no reason whatsover for a team whose core has been together for several seasons to play like they're strangers every week.

It's on coaching. Full stop.

Well, we’re not going to pull apart all our losses and we certainly wouldn’t agree on those reasons anyway. Suffice to say I have a different view.

A view that the board has clearly decided they don’t have as well so they sacked the coach when they got into a boardroom brawl

Back