• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

We all get that you support blue and white for a day.

No I don't support blue and white. I support the Rabbitohs in a Navy Commemorative jumper on a special and sacred day like ANZAC Day. It's one day, it is required by the NRL we do something, we have chosen Navy for the day. It doesn't impact one human being on the planet. I truly don't understand why anyone would object.

Good for you. You’re entitled to it. No problem. But there are those of us who don’t agree. It’s called an opinion or preference. That’s what makes the world go around.

And I have been offering my opinion, I assume I am entitled to one?

I am not trying to change anyone's opinion, people are free to disagree with it, and I am entitled to see the point for the day and support it.

Those of us see red and green as a given - it’s what we are recognised by. It’s our brand…. and those WW1 and WW2 Souths Diggers were probably wearing red and green on underneath!

I support red and green and it's insulting to even suggest I don't.

I also support my country and our gallant armed forces, without whom as I said the other day, we would all be playing Origami instead of Origin and there would very likely be no South Sydney.

For an onlooker, if we do beat Melbourne for the first time it won’t be in red and green which would be unfortunate I feel. Rabbit emblem has only been used since my birth year, 1959. Red and green defines us.

I want the 2 points, that's all that matters. It won't be in red and green? Don't care.

It will be the team that accomplishes the win, we have a large Rabbit on the jersey amd in the history books it won't have an asterisk saying "Oh but it wasn't in red and green.

The women’s jersey is instantly recognisable as Souths and is a not a great comparison to navy.

If you accept that pink and green are South Sydney.
It's not, and there seems to be a little hypocrisy around what some fans will accept and won't accept.

That pink and green jumper is hideous and I can't stand it. However I will support it based on the cause and reason we are getting on board with it, just like I feel about the ANZAC Jersey.

I think we gave more than enough jerseys to make money. I’m all for revenue raising. But in red and green. I wear it wherever I go travelling around the world. You wouldn’t spot the RSG (“Random Souths Guy”) if he was wearing this jersey!

LOL, I am not in the least concerned about a random Souths guy, it's a laugh and that's it.
To make that a reason that ranks over ANZAC Day is just silly.

We all have things Souths that are dear to us daRque. That’s fine. All good.

Much more important is your health. Great to hear positives. I enjoy your posts and the banter that goes with it! All the very best mate. May it be a great ANZAC Day!
(Win, lose or draw!)

Thanks very much, I really appreciate the comments and messages I have received about the cancer, it really does help. It's not going away as it's stage four, but I can put up the toughest fight possible, with Rabbitoh spirit, and try to hang around as long as I can. Would love to see another Premiership before I fall off the planet, I guess we'll see.

Up the Bunnies and no offence meant by anything I've written about the jersey, just my honest opinion.

So…yet another ****ing calf injury.

This time Shaq has suffered one.

Is this a training or conditioning issue or just a series of 267 unfortunate coincidences?
To be fair, the only other top 30 player this year to miss games from a calf is Thompson I’m pretty sure?

We had a bunch in the off season, but haven’t really effected player availability though the first 2 months.

To be fair, the only other top 30 player this year to miss games from a calf is Thompson I’m pretty sure?

We had a bunch in the off season, but haven’t really effected player availability though the first 2 months.
Sure, but it’s only round 8. Those off-season ones were only a couple months back. It’s not like there were two that happened a year ago and one again now. So it’s either very unlucky to have a handful of calf issues over a 4-6 month period, or something isn’t right with the training/conditioning approach of the past 6 months.

Is this a training or conditioning issue or just a series of 267 unfortunate coincidences?
Probably an outcome of playing as many minutes as he did against the Sharks - that would have been a big load for Shaq. Also probably a reflection of the career he’s had which has a long period of inactivity where he has not built enough strength in his lower body.

Back