• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

No - the article is saying that if his contract is terminated then whatever he is paid out will be included in the salary cap. So rather than paying him out and then another
Club picking him up it would be better to negotiate a release to another club, make sense?
He actually would not be sacked in the true sense because his actions have not really hit that threshold if that makes sense.

I'd just like us to play every other team, before playing them again. Like the old days.
Easily done PVL simply decommissions ROOSTERS, PENRITH, STORM, SHARKS, TIGERS..
Then we play each team twice
I really am brilliant! 😂

Last edited:
Can somebody give me a reason why we go to Perth again?
We have been up to the top of Australia and to Perth and I dint see what it achieves?
I can understand playing in front of a sparcely populated Accor stadium doesnt inspire ... but Perth? Somebody please enlighten me ... or are we really the bunnies for the nrl?

We have been up to the top of Australia and to Perth and I dint see what it achieves?
I can understand playing in front of a sparcely populated Accor stadium doesnt inspire ... but Perth? Somebody please enlighten me ... or are we really the bunnies for the nrl?
Maybe they reward us by making us miss origin players two games again next year for the 4thyear in a row
Or reward us with the hardest draw again in 25.
Does anyone at the club actually raise this with the NRL?
Wayne, give me a call please!

Last edited:
Ok, i am a bit out there with the humour ... but season has ended and talking points are thinning out a bit recently.

Last edited:
I guess the main reason would be the $’s we get for taking the game there. Also we have built quite a good supporter base over there over the years. Maybe it’s for one last membership push for over there before the new side come in.

I do know that we have a deal for Queensland members that allows them to get a ticket to one of the games up there, so maybe they will do something similar with the Perth side.

wed be stucck with the roosters in our conference who will always be strong.other luckier teams will get the titans or tigers.nup wont work
Remember last time Wayne was here?

I think it was 5-1 in our favour

We need to stop worrying about The Scum and be a true powerhouse in our own right

Penrith don’t give a f$&k who they play as they rightly believe they can and will beat anyone

We need to get some mongrel and arrogance back in the joint

I guess the main reason would be the $’s we get for taking the game there. Also we have built quite a good supporter base over there over the years. Maybe it’s for one last membership push for over there before the new side come in.

I do know that we have a deal for Queensland members that allows them to get a ticket to one of the games up there, so maybe they will do something similar with the Perth side.
mmmmm not convinced

Glad to see we're going back to Mudgee for the Charity Shield. That really feels like it has become the home of that game to be honest, so it'll be nice to have it back there.

In regards to Perth, as someone who lives in NZ, it doesn't bother me that I'll be missing out on a home game. I can understand the frustration though.

However, I do think it's great for our club, and great for the game in Western Australia.

I do hope that Perth is the only home game we're taking away though.

I don't like the conference system but it is better than shortening the NRL season.
If so then divide into 2 conferences. The fairest way forward that I can see is to play home and away within your allocated conference and play 1 home game against every team in the opposing conference.
Agree the idea of only playing 18-19 games I strongly dislike. I’m not a fan of the conference system really either but if it means we see more of Souths then I’m all for it.

Glad to see we're going back to Mudgee for the Charity Shield. That really feels like it has become the home of that game to be honest, so it'll be nice to have it back there.

In regards to Perth, as someone who lives in NZ, it doesn't bother me that I'll be missing out on a home game. I can understand the frustration though.

However, I do think it's great for our club, and great for the game in Western Australia.

I do hope that Perth is the only home game we're taking away though.
Wouldn’t shock me if we take a game to Gosford as well and maybe a home game of ours is a game at Allianz weren’t they talking about a double header for indigenous round at Allianz or did I dream about that?

So could be…

9 home games at Accor
1 home game at Allianz
1 home game Perth
1 home game Gosford

Then I think we get the Dogs next Easter as reciprocal rights? That wouldn’t be bad 10 home games in Sydney and one at Gosford unless of course Magic Round counts as a home game for us then it might be 8 home games only at Accor…….

The home games at Perth went ok a few.years ago. It looked like we had a huge fan base over there. The games that don't make sense to me are like a home game at Cairns against the Cows, a home game against the Broncos in Magic round and a home game against the Riff in Dubbo.

Never played the Broncos at Suncorp during Magic Round. You are probably thinking of Sunshine Coast last year.

Latest posts

Back