• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

christian nicolussi
@mrchrisnico
Follow

NO SHOWS: George Burgess’ A-grade debut with South Eastern will have to wait after Redfern All Blacks only had SIX players show upWho would seriously want to tackle big Georgie Boy
I think park footy should go back to the 5 metres.
I think that would get more people playing the game at that level

About 5 years ago I suggested this on Talkin' Sport as a way of saving footy in the bush.
It was a resounding no from the panel.
Couple of years ago I'm listening to the show, and they, for some reason that I can't remember, were talking about it and were all for it :rolleyes:

I didnt mind Kent, yes he sometimes came across as a bully but he called most things as he saw them, the delivery could have been better at times, i know lots here hated him, as for his replacement Gordon Tallis?, gets overly agro at anything that might be seen as negative to QLD and does not seem that bright as some commentators , but looks like he is it..
Kent and News Corp ‘have parted ways’.

I didnt mind Kent, yes he sometimes came across as a bully but he called most things as he saw them, the delivery could have been better at times, i know lots here hated him, as for his replacement Gordon Tallis?, gets overly agro at anything that might be seen as negative to QLD and does not seem that bright as some commentators , but looks like he is it..
He didn't "come across as a bully". He was a bully. And a hypocrite.

I hope he sorts his life out and gets on the straight and narrow. Good luck to him. But he should never grace the media or public life ever again.

Can we now get Paul Bluey Kent to part ways with the Pride. 🤣

**** Paul K*nt and the horse he rode in.

The toxic dwarf was a blight on the game. Gordy wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn’t tow the company line on the unconditional love fest for anything Rooster related.

I to hope he sorts his life out, he had quite a career in the sports media and made a mess of it.
He didn't "come across as a bully". He was a bully. And a hypocrite.

I hope he sorts his life out and gets on the straight and narrow. Good luck to him. But he should never grace the media or public life ever again.

Kent will probably bounce back in time, he's been in the industry too long not to. What I can't get my head around is how a media personality in his 50's with his career in such a great position can finish upside-down against a tree at midnight with a skin-full of booze. WTF is wrong with that guy!

So are you leaving the Pride?, looks like ive been a member longer than you, and a "toxic dwarf", more bravery from behind a keyboard, you must get tired..

The toxic dwarf was a blight on the game. Gordy wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn’t tow the company line on the unconditional love fest for anything Rooster related.

Kent will probably bounce back in time, he's been in the industry too long not to. What I can't get my head around is how a media personality in his 50's with his career in such a great position can finish upside-down against a tree at midnight with a skin-full of booze. WTF is wrong with that guy!
Is it that unbelievable?

Seems he has/had an unstable partner/personal life.

His peers glorify the binge drinking session to no end.

This is a guy who has told yarn after yarn about blokes necking schooners and then committing tremendous feats.

I know we shouldn’t condone this sort of behaviour in the modern day, but is anyone really THAT shocked?

He drank way too many beers and got in a punch up.

He comes across as a guy that has a bit of a temper, and certainly a ‘don’t back down’, ‘man-up’ old school attitude.

I’m suprised it didn’t happen sooner (and to be fair, this sort of stuff probably does happen, it just isn’t caught on a mobile camera). Nothing in that video screamed this was Kent’s first rodeo.

But if Matty Johns can make it back after that 4 Corners story, and Mitch Pearce and Todd Carney can have a post playing career podcast, Kent still has hope of resurfacing in the not too distant future. All power to him if he does make it back I guess.

Anyone can start a podcast these days and do well if you’re half decent - Kent has enough knowledge, contacts and “personality” to do that. Wouldnt surprise me if someone like Willie Mason & Justin Horo bring him on board or James Graham.

Who knows what he went through relationship wise, a break up can leave you scarred for quite a while, plus because he is a controversial identity he must get slagged by drunks every time he goes out, he must have turned the other cheek hundreds of times till the night he reacted, anyway he is gone , will still watch 360 no matter...
Is it that unbelievable?

This is a guy who has told yarn after yarn about blokes necking schooners and then committing tremendous feats.

I know we shouldn’t condone this sort of behaviour in the modern day, but is anyone really THAT shocked?

He comes across as a guy that has a bit of a temper, and certainly a ‘don’t back down’, ‘man-up’ old school attitude.

I’m suprised it didn’t happen sooner (and to be fair, this sort of stuff probably does happen, it just isn’t caught on a mobile camera). Nothing in that video screamed this was Kent’s first rodeo.

But if Matty Johns can make it back after that 4 Corners story, and Mitch Pearce and Todd Carney can have a post playing career podcast, Kent still has hope of resurfacing in the not too distant future. All power to him if he does make it back I guess.

Anyone can start a podcast these days and do well if you’re half decent - Kent has enough knowledge, contacts and “personality” to do that. Wouldnt surprise me if someone like Willie Mason & Justin Horo bring him on board or James Graham.
If James Graham brings him on board, I won't be listening to it.

And Gordy doesn't crucify and be hypocritical of the players and coaches that essentially pay his wage.

Is it that unbelievable?

Yes it is. The "wake up to yourself" moment usually comes well before you hit 50. He worked himself into a career position that most people can only imagine. All he had to do was walk away. How hard is that to do.

Back