• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

“Despite his management making the initial approach to the club and Fifita personally informing the Sydney Roosters’ chairman and head coach of his intent to join the club last Thursday, Fifita has since expressed doubt about his decision,” a club statement said.

“Consequently, the club has elected to withdraw its offer with view that it is in the Roosters’ best interests. The club wishes Fifita all the best.”

The Roosters only became aware of Fifita’s unrest on Tuesday night when his management reached out to Roosters chairman Nick Politis.

There and then the Roosters called off the deal. They are yet to hear from Fifita.

Politis was frustrated by the situation.

“It is hard to understand,” Politis said. “He approached us. And did the same with Penrith. After coming Sydney to meet with Trent Robinson and the rest of the coaching staff, it’s hard to understand how he can display and create uncertainty.

“We’ve decided withdraw our offer.”

While this is hilarious it is unfortunately a massive bullet dodged for the Roosters

The Roosters only became aware of Fifita’s unrest on Tuesday night when his management reached out to Roosters chairman Nick Politis.

There and then the Roosters called off the deal. They are yet to hear from Fifita.

“It is hard to understand,” Politis said. “He approached us. And did the same with Penrith. After coming Sydney to meet with Trent Robinson and the rest of the coaching staff, it’s hard to understand how he can display and create uncertainty.

Hahaha ******s. Let me guess, this is on Nine/Fairfax/SMH? The same company with Roosters board members?

Surely Fifitas accountant sat him down and talked some sense into him….

Fifita was just messing with the roosters this whole time.

He made them tap Sitili Tupinoua on the shoulder and told him to look elsewhere.

Made Angus crichton disgruntled a show him the roosters true colours

Fifita playing chess while Politis is playing checkers

Isn’t that kinda what Smith did with the Dolphins to go to the Roosters?

The Roosters always get who they want.

That was good timing😆😆😆

Gold Coast star David Fifita will not be joining the Sydney Roosters on a $3.3 million offer in 2025, and will instead recommit to the Titans until 2026.

“I’m extremely grateful for the time and interest shown in me over the past two weeks, but upon further reflection, I have made the decision that I want to remain a Titan beyond 2024,” Fifita said.
“I’m excited about the direction the team is taking and being close to home, and my family has been central to helping me make this decision

AND then the rorters spit the dummy with their statement 😆😆

“Despite his management making the initial approach to the club and Fifita personally informing the Sydney Roosters’ chairman and head coach of his intent to join the club last Thursday, Fifita has since expressed doubt about his decision,” the statement said.
“Consequently, the club has elected to withdraw its offer with view that it is in the Roosters’ best interests. The club wishes Fifita all the best.”

Different, they requested it and we gave it.

Roosters claim Tupinoua is on 650k a season.

Either they're lying and trying to make out they will have a spare 650k if he leaves or they paid massive overs for him and if a player like that is on 650k then what are the big name players really on?

Dodgy as, he ain't worth that money.
It’s always the narrative with them mate. Sign on for unders (apparently), when they leave they free up double in cap space.

A couple of seasons ago, when Keary was weighing up retirement, they were claiming it would free up $1.2M in cap space 😳

Back