• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Honestly…there must be an intelligence test to become an NRL player, that you have to fail to get in.

I’m not making any comment on the veracity of the alleged offence but why put yourself in the situation to start with?
Cocaine is a hell of a drug 🙊

It doesn’t look good for him and I’m sure there will be a stand down period for him. Will be a big loss for the Eels if he is stood down for any period. Just when they released Jake Arthur as well.

It doesn’t look good for him and I’m sure there will be a stand down period for him. Will be a big loss for the Eels if he is stood down for any period. Just when they released Jake Arthur as well.
Imagine if Kent was still around. This would be out of control.Luckily Brown and his family won't have to go through that.

Tyrone McCarthy leaving Warrington Wolves for South Sydney Rabbitohs

The 35-year-old Warrington-born academy product, who helped the club win three Challenge Cups in 2009, 2010 and 2012, has been helping to bring through the next generation of talent at The Halliwell Jones Stadium.

But McCarthy, a former Woolston Rovers junior, is departing to take up the role of pathways coaching director for NRL club South Sydney Rabbitohs.

'Tyke' made 43 appearances for the club between 2009-2013 before spells with Northern Pride in Australia, Hull Kingston Rovers, St George Illawarra Dragons, Salford Red Devils and Leigh Centurions, while also representing Ireland in two Rugby League World Cups.

Following his retirement from the game in 2021, he joined Wolves' youth development team as scholarship head coach and assistant for the Academy and reserves sides.

He also made a big impact on the club's community development pathway programme.

A Wolves statement reads: "We wish to thank Tyke for all he’s done for The Wire over the years and wish him well for his next chapter in Australia."

Back