• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lewis Dodd

Yeh, controls territory by directing forwards and kicking well, calls/organises 90% of plays out of yardage and in the red zone, and does all the 1% stuff. I get it’s ESL, but if we can recruit a couple of impact forwards, he could be a great buy. On the other hand, Jesus would struggle behind our current pack.
I don’t see him being a game breaker but his job should be fairly simple to start with.
His kicking game will be his strength.

I don’t see him being a game breaker but his job should be fairly simple to start with.
His kicking game will be his strength.
I think that’s the joy of having Cody and then either Trell or Jye as the 5/8 after that.
Our half doesn’t need to be the game breaker, just like he who should not be named wasn’t. And it worked really well.

As long as he can kick, have a run or two, enough to keep the defensive line in 2 minds, happy days

I think that’s the joy of having Cody and then either Trell or Jye as the 5/8 after that.
Our half doesn’t need to be the game breaker, just like he who should not be named wasn’t. And it worked really well.

As long as he can kick, have a run or two, enough to keep the defensive line in 2 minds, happy days
On my early observations that’s exactly what he will bring to the table. At 23 years old you’d have to assume that there’s plenty of upside scope to develop other parts of his game, provided we have the patience to accept that he won’t be Andrew Johns from day 1.

Last edited:
I hear he’s been dropped to reserve grade over there is this correct? Anyone seen him play of late?

Sam Burgess was asked about him and said the signing was a bit left field.

Said he's a left foot kicker and that is his strength and said he could be tested in defence when it comes to NRL

Wasn't really glowing praise or anything

Sam Burgess was asked about him and said the signing was a bit left field.

Said he's a left foot kicker and that is his strength and said he could be tested in defence when it comes to NRL

Wasn't really glowing praise or anything
Agree… it certainly wasnt an inspiring review.

My biggest fear for 2025 is Dodd at 7 and Mamezolous at 9 to start the season.

Totally backwards, a total waste of pre-season.

I know Wayne is Wayne, but JD has left me scarred. The entire football department have made baffling choices.

Another being Cook not being allowed to play out his contract. I genuinely believe we needed one more year out of him, as he was signed to. So Wayne is confusing me a little.

Cody is an excellent 7, Jack is an excellent 6 with a long kicking game that has given us a new dimension. Jack has some errors in him (always has) but with a full pre-season training at 6, he will go from strength to strength.

Ilias Humphries and Dodd would be my choices to battle it out for the 9.

I really just don't like the idea of being the playpit for another young 7 to come learn his trade. Cody at 7 could play for another 3 or 4 years at a high level.

I know Wayne is Wayne, but JD has left me scarred. The entire football department have made baffling choices.

Another being Cook not being allowed to play out his contract. I genuinely believe we needed one more year out of him, as he was signed to. So Wayne is confusing me a little.

Cody is an excellent 7, Jack is an excellent 6 with a long kicking game that has given us a new dimension. Jack has some errors in him (always has) but with a full pre-season training at 6, he will go from strength to strength.

I really just don't like the idea of being the playpit for another young 7 to come learn his trade. Cody at 7 could play for another 3 or 4 years at a high level.
Wayne doesn't think he can win a comp with Cook and the Salary cap restructure is not that confusing, Cook , Cody, and Reno combination had their opportunities to win a competition, so it is time to move on

If Dodd is Wayne's choice for 7, and he turns out to be a dud then one thing is for certain - Wayne won't cop it and pretend like everything is OK for 18 months.

We'll move onto whatever is next.

Latest posts

Back