• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Lewis Dodd saint Helen’s half to the rabbitohs

100%, Souths fans will be Lewis’ quickest, and hardest markers. That’s sport. :)

One thing that sticks in my head about Ilias was the collective circle jerk when he kicked a field goal to win us a game like it was the greatest thing ever.

He was seriously babied his entire NRL career.

If he did anything you'd expect an NRL worthy player of doing, it was glorified to such weird levels in a weird attempt by us to pretend we weren't worse off without Adam, and by the media due to them being so close to each other they simply had to talk up Braiths prodigy.

Unfortunately, Dodd is now going to cop the opposite treatment.

Be a fun few years.

Go the Swans 😜

One thing is for sure. If all the rumoured player and coach movements happen as well as breaking in a new half, it's going to be a huge and crucial off season for us!

Can't believe I'm saying this in only rd9!

We don't need any halves, put Gray, latrell or wighton there and problem solved for a few years.

We need forwards. A couple of players that can bash the others and intimidate. Not our current plodders.

We don't need any halves, put Gray, latrell or wighton there and problem solved for a few years.

We need forwards. A couple of players that can bash the others and intimidate. Not our current plodders.
Gray needs to be able to show he can get through an entire NRL game, consistently, before we pencil him into the spine.

Stoked to have it officially done and have him officially locked up!! The rebuild begins.

This could be a crucial signing in our history I hope. I really like the look of him.

Bennet will get Dodd exactly where he needs him next year, I’m hoping gray can slot in to 5/8 with him / has anyone watched nikorima this year with the dolphins ? When he first arrived with us he lacked confidence but Geez he’s finally improved under Bennet into a great player .

Bennet will get Dodd exactly where he needs him next year, I’m hoping gray can slot in to 5/8 with him / has anyone watched nikorima this year with the dolphins ? When he first arrived with us he lacked confidence but Geez he’s finally improved under Bennet into a great player .
If Wayne's signing is official I'd be surprised if he doesn't get into Anasta's ear and get Lachie to stay. Anasta has spat his dummy , but if the fool has any idea and truly wants to represent the young bloke he leaves him under the guidance of Wayne. If Illias goes to the Rorters and doesn't deliver quickly he'll be quickly shown the door just like Jaxson Paulo.

That would be a money thing though.

Ilias is on first grade halfback money. Whatever that is.

You need a guy out of favour or up and coming ideally.

Some other club could probably pick Ilias up right now on unders, but we’re in a position where if he stays, we need to honour his existing contract.

If he had some more proven versatility (and I’m not talking hooker alone, a position he’s played zero games).

He’d need to be a genuine centre, half, hooker cover option to get a spot on the bench. That’s possible but highly speculative and would need to be a genuine plan that club, coach and player buy in on. He probably still wants to be an NRL 7. Not a utility.

If you want to keep Ilias, it means Dodd’s money comes out of Burgess’ contract.

So what do you want more? A genuine prop recruit? Or Ilias as a backup half?

Considering you still have a couple of other moves to make, I’d be looking for more value out of Ilias’ spot on the roster.
All fair points and hard to argue.
No idea what ilias takes in our cap, but I can’t imagine it’s a big chunk.
I hope we have a place for him.

There’s certainly a couple of others on higher wages that should be looked at to move on and free up cap space before Ilias I think

Could be anything. He's got some pace and ball running. I'm unsure about his kicking game. Nrl is a huge step up defensively so that could be his biggest weakness.

You can continue to pull his game apart but it's a step up, potentially a big one from Illias or Hawkins. And how many alternatives are or were available. It would have come with WB and Sam by association recommendation. I believe they'll also come back with the signature of a middle. These were are two biggest needs. There are others, but this is a nice, and welcome start.

All fair points and hard to argue.
No idea what ilias takes in our cap, but I can’t imagine it’s a big chunk.
I hope we have a place for him.

There’s certainly a couple of others on higher wages that should be looked at to move on and free up cap space before Ilias I think
Apparently Lachy wants to stay so if it was me I'd just tell the club that I'm staying until my contract has ended and that I'm happy to play wherever they want.

Back