• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Lewis Dodd saint Helen’s half to the rabbitohs

That would be a money thing though.

Ilias is on first grade halfback money. Whatever that is.

You need a guy out of favour or up and coming ideally.

Some other club could probably pick Ilias up right now on unders, but we’re in a position where if he stays, we need to honour his existing contract.

If he had some more proven versatility (and I’m not talking hooker alone, a position he’s played zero games).

He’d need to be a genuine centre, half, hooker cover option to get a spot on the bench. That’s possible but highly speculative and would need to be a genuine plan that club, coach and player buy in on. He probably still wants to be an NRL 7. Not a utility.

If you want to keep Ilias, it means Dodd’s money comes out of Burgess’ contract.

So what do you want more? A genuine prop recruit? Or Ilias as a backup half?

Considering you still have a couple of other moves to make, I’d be looking for more value out of Ilias’ spot on the roster.
Personally I think some parts of the Club were happy to move on from Ilias end of last season, I sense JD backed him in and once it was clear JD was getting the boot then they’ve pulled the trigger on Ilias
Just speculation

Personally I think some parts of the Club were happy to move on from Ilias end of last season, I sense JD backed him in and once it was clear JD was getting the boot then they’ve pulled the trigger on Ilias
Just speculation
The team didn't improve after Ilias was dropped.

The team didn't improve after Ilias was dropped.
No, but that’s because Hawkins ain’t an NRL half, he is back up.
What I was saying is that some parts of club would have wanted to sign Dodd (or someone else) at the start of the season but JD stuck with Ilias.

But you can guarantee those same posters crucifying Illias will be going hammer and tong at his replacement for every mistake he makes. That's how this place rolls.

No, but that’s because Hawkins ain’t an NRL half, he is back up.
What I was saying is that some parts of club would have wanted to sign Dodd (or someone else) at the start of the season but JD stuck with Ilias.
We would be in a similar position as to what we are now even if Reyno had re-signed.

Back