• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Lewis Dodd saint Helen’s half to the rabbitohs

at 22 its a great age. we can develop him much better than they can especially if we have wayne.

Why. He didn't do it in the time he was here. Mitchell does not have the motor for fullback. And why would we frigging waste another three years.
I disagree. I thought the first season under Wayne he started firing towards the end of the year and was finally getting used to the fullback position before his injury. And second season he was very good. I also don’t see Wayne moving him from 1 if he came

Glad to see the club realise Ilias and Hawkins are probably not long term 7 options and pretty much admit we ****ed up there!

I’ll have look up some highlights of Dodd but many saying he’s a very good talent.

A future halves combo of Dodd and Gray could be nice.

On Ilias maybe he could have a future at 6 as he’s a good runner of the footy and good in defence but he’s certainly not a 7.

I don’t think any of us saw this coming. I wonder how true this is. With the uncertainty of what is happening with our coach next year you have to wonder if this is true that we don’t already have something organised.
The club, particularly those in positions that have been highly criticised for doing nothing need to change the narrative

Don’t get me wrong it’s a solid signing but would it have happened if JD wasn’t about to be punted? Recruitment has sat on its hands for the last 4 years and suddenly we are actually looking outside The Cutters and QLD and signing talent

I really hope this is a sign of things to come, get a couple of angry English middles, get Clarke and another big athletic islander winger a new coach and we are top 4 again

But Dodd alone won’t change much

I wonder if Sam is relaying any player info

Last edited:
So Dodd on top of this. Apparently our blokes in recruitment have been doing nothing, asleep at the wheel and are clueless🤪
2 recruits in 3 years

Yep the blokes are absolute workaholic's

Meanwhile The Dolphins have signed 30+ players

Lucky their pay isn’t productivity based

Latest SMH article has Ello looking for a prop & winger too. So thats a good start…

On Dodd… I dont know much of him. I see he is a left footer, wonder how thatll go whilst Cody is around

I want Madge back here’s hoping
Yeah the more I think about it and look at who’s available I actually think a structure of

Meninga as coaching director (good cop player mentor and motivator)

Madge - head coach to bring back standards, work ethic and structure ( bad cop )

Furner - assistant good cop

And would love to see Sam instilled as defensive coordinator from NRL to SG ball and forwards coach ( he’s a bad cop as well)

Wayne is just not a viable long term proposition and we end back here when he leaves again

Latest SMH article has Ello looking for a prop & winger too. So thats a good start…

On Dodd… I dont know much of him. I see he is a left footer, wonder how thatll go whilst Cody is around

English wingers suck, unless they come over here early and develop.

Just sign forwards please

Reactions: CCR
I’m interested in how this came out now.

It sounds like it was leaked from over there, but still - very interesting timing.

Latest posts

Back