• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Lewis Dodd saint Helen’s half to the rabbitohs

If it sticks, might explain a) Gray being developed at fullback for now, and b) not chasing a 7 for 2024.

Any chance we’re signing Paul Wellens as our coach?

The Rabbitohs have a two-year offer out to prop Shaq Mitchell while have re-signed the likes of Jye Gray, Peter Mamouzelos, Ben Lovett and Thomas Fletcher.

So Dodd on top of this. Apparently our blokes in recruitment have been doing nothing, asleep at the wheel and are clueless🤪

He could be recruiting but also sounding out moves the other way…..cook…..cough….cough….

The article does say potential recruits but I your thinking 🤔

Can't see a spot for Cook in first grade next year if we want to be competitive(top 8), hopefully he heads elsewhere at the end of this year for a change of scenery.

If it sticks, might explain a) Gray being developed at fullback for now, and b) not chasing a 7 for 2024.
For me Gray is not a fullback, so he is Cody’s replacement. Then either Wighton or Latrell at 1. I think Wayne gets Trell firing again.

For me Gray is not a fullback, so he is Cody’s replacement. Then either Wighton or Latrell at 1. I think Wayne gets Trell firing again.
Why. He didn't do it in the time he was here. Mitchell does not have the motor for fullback. And why would we frigging waste another three years.

FWIW I don’t believe the rumour. Who would be making a call on the HB for next year? It’s such a key position that I would have thought we would wait until the coaching gig is sorted. I don’t believe we have a coach sorted for next season either - you can’t keep secrets for that long in this game.

Also, does anyone trust our recruitment team right now?

I actually have really enjoyed watching grey at the back. Not gonna make us 200m in kick returns, but he ain't passing it to his winger.

Mixed responses about him from fans.

Some saying he isn't even the best half back at St Helens and bagging the signing.

while some are saying he is a good signing.

What to make of it, who knows?

Back