• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Lewis Dodd saint Helen’s half to the rabbitohs

Yeh, controls territory by directing forwards and kicking well, calls/organises 90% of plays out of yardage and in the red zone, and does all the 1% stuff. I get it’s ESL, but if we can recruit a couple of impact forwards, he could be a great buy. On the other hand, Jesus would struggle behind our current pack.
I don’t see him being a game breaker but his job should be fairly simple to start with.
His kicking game will be his strength.

I don’t see him being a game breaker but his job should be fairly simple to start with.
His kicking game will be his strength.
I think that’s the joy of having Cody and then either Trell or Jye as the 5/8 after that.
Our half doesn’t need to be the game breaker, just like he who should not be named wasn’t. And it worked really well.

As long as he can kick, have a run or two, enough to keep the defensive line in 2 minds, happy days

I think that’s the joy of having Cody and then either Trell or Jye as the 5/8 after that.
Our half doesn’t need to be the game breaker, just like he who should not be named wasn’t. And it worked really well.

As long as he can kick, have a run or two, enough to keep the defensive line in 2 minds, happy days
On my early observations that’s exactly what he will bring to the table. At 23 years old you’d have to assume that there’s plenty of upside scope to develop other parts of his game, provided we have the patience to accept that he won’t be Andrew Johns from day 1.

Last edited:

Back