• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

Very interesting comments from Trell. While I do hope it's just all talk as I want to see him go play for as long as possible in our jersey, if by the time he's 30 he's won us a couple of comps and made a true everlasting legacy, then I'd be content with him retiring too. The ball is in his court.

I think the truer statement would be he’s mainly effective in the opposition 30, meaning he’s effectiveness is reliant on the team getting him in those positions to capitalise.

It would be nice if he had a kick return game, or an out of trouble hit-up in his game, but it’s seems that’s not his bag.
I think a small tweak to his kick returns could work for us. If he took it closer to the line he'd be pulling in more defenders therefore creating more room for AJ or whoever else he has tailing him. He seemed to be passing quite early last season.

What better way to go out than to win a premiership with Souths and take the Clive Churchill medal.

He’s one of the most interesting characters the game has produced for some time. Could easily see him retiring at 30 on top Ash Barty styles.

All I can see is that they entered a plea of not guilty with a three day hearing slated for the end of October but the Integrity Unit might still get involved (it meets next week)

Cheers

Last edited:
All I can see is that they entered a plea of not guilty with a three day hearing slated for the end of October but the Integrity Unit might still get involved (it meets next week)

Cheers
I believe the NRL have re-stated that they won’t get involved until the legal process has been finalised. So on that basis it’ll be after the season has concluded.
It still wont surprise me if the charges are dropped altogether in the meantime.

He’ll help.

I know it was only a trial, but Thompson looked better than any right winger opposite Johnston we’ve had since… Tuqiri?

He looked safe, measured and damaging.

Add that to the fact we figured out our defence in the back end of last year, Tass and Ilias are a year older.

Its gonna be a fun season.

Latest posts

Back