• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

In my experience, celebs and tech gurus don’t make good business people. And in my dealings with pro US and European sports teams, former players aren’t considered as sports admins (other than in athletics depts). Just doesn’t happen. Wayne takes the pressure off having a real footy dept … while he’s there … but it won’t fix our fundamental front office issues post Richo. I’d love to see us show Solly the door and pull a young ops gun out of an EPL or NFL organisation.

Arsenal turned from a basketcase back to one of the top teams in Europe via former players Edu and Arteta taking total control of football operations. So there is a precedent.

Angus best season in years, also has rapid hair loss this season...

Wonder why

Listen, buddy. There is nothing suspicious about a former handsome young man taking a year off for 'mental health' and being totally out of the spotlight, then coming back looking like a balding ogre with playstation stats who never tires and is the best player in State of Origin instantly.

They just train harder, and god bless every NRL player for their exemplary, trademark morality

In my experience, celebs and tech gurus don’t make good business people. And in my dealings with pro US and European sports teams, former players aren’t considered as sports admins (other than in athletics depts). Just doesn’t happen. Wayne takes the pressure off having a real footy dept … while he’s there … but it won’t fix our fundamental front office issues post Richo. I’d love to see us show Solly the door and pull a young ops gun out of an EPL or NFL organisation.
We don’t need them as business people we just need their money

And in all honesty Rusty seems to be the only bloke who has actually made the big smart calls when needed. Although it does seem that winning one premiership was enough for him.

As for Solly, well commercially he appears to be a top shelf operator. The problems have arisen when he seems to have started operating outside his lane. I get it, you’re a nerd numbers are boring and footy is cool. But you’re a numbers guy

Now this is going to sound cruel hearted and I’m speaking out of my arse without looking at the financials.

But if South’s Cares is part of the clubs overall budget then I think it’s something that needs to be looked at

We aren’t a charity, we are a f$&ken football club and if there’s a million or two that could be going towards getting the best in business in essential football department positions then that’s where it should go.

The Billionaires should fund it outside overall football club expenditure

If that’s what’s happening then I stand corrected, but if it’s funded by football club revenue then it needs to be looked at

I’m sick of having an ex PE teacher who continues to prove he’s out of his depth running shit because he’s a cheaper option same with the anorexic clown who’s in charge of high performance

I can only speak for myself but what I'm angry about is there is one set of rules for every other club and then one for us.
I don't think I'm being unreasonable in wanting consistency.

I dont entirely agree with that.

What I will say is, from all the podcasts and shows I listen and watch, it is clear that Blake Solly and Richo dont play the "game".

So I feel like we never did or will get favours.

But I don't see it as a Souths witchunt anyway

Arsenal turned from a basketcase back to one of the top teams in Europe via former players Edu and Arteta taking total control of football operations. So there is a precedent.

Listen, buddy. There is nothing suspicious about a former handsome young man taking a year off for 'mental health' and being totally out of the spotlight, then coming back looking like a balding ogre with playstation stats who never tires and is the best player in State of Origin instantly.

They just train harder, and god bless every NRL player for their exemplary, trademark morality
Yes. As I said, football/athletics dept.

We don’t need them as business people we just need their money

And in all honesty Rusty seems to be the only bloke who has actually made the big smart calls when needed. Although it does seem that winning one premiership was enough for him.

As for Solly, well commercially he appears to be a top shelf operator. The problems have arisen when he seems to have started operating outside his lane. I get it, you’re a nerd numbers are boring and footy is cool. But you’re a numbers guy

Now this is going to sound cruel hearted and I’m speaking out of my arse without looking at the financials.

But if South’s Cares is part of the clubs overall budget then I think it’s something that needs to be looked at

We aren’t a charity, we are a f$&ken football club and if there’s a million or two that could be going towards getting the best in business in essential football department positions then that’s where it should go.

The Billionaires should fund it outside overall football club expenditure

If that’s what’s happening then I stand corrected, but if it’s funded by football club revenue then it needs to be looked at

I’m sick of having an ex PE teacher who continues to prove he’s out of his depth running shit because he’s a cheaper option same with the anorexic clown who’s in charge of high performance
Problem is they’re also our Board and who Solly ‘reports’ to. So it’s not really a surprise that when we lost a strong administrator and dominant coach, Solly didn’t go so well without the guard rails. And our Board don’t appear equipped to deal with that.

Just because I ****ing hate the charlatans in charge of the nrl.

This just really really annoys me when you compare the situations -

Tom Trbojevic gets green light to return early for Manly despite category one HIA result
By Ben Glover - 1 year ago

Tom Trbojevic has been cleared by the NRL to play Manly's Friday night clash with the Dolphins despite initially being ruled out by concussion protocols.

The superstar was stood down for 11 days after the head knock that forced him from the field late in last Wednesday's State of Origin opener was ruled a grade one.

However, that ruling was overturned by the NRL after lobbying from Manly's club doctor Paul Bloomfield, who disputed the severity of Trbojevic's concussion

Just because I ****ing hate the charlatans in charge of the nrl.

This just really really annoys me when you compare the situations -

Tom Trbojevic gets green light to return early for Manly despite category one HIA result
By Ben Glover - 1 year ago

Tom Trbojevic has been cleared by the NRL to play Manly's Friday night clash with the Dolphins despite initially being ruled out by concussion protocols.

The superstar was stood down for 11 days after the head knock that forced him from the field late in last Wednesday's State of Origin opener was ruled a grade one.

However, that ruling was overturned by the NRL after lobbying from Manly's club doctor Paul Bloomfield, who disputed the severity of Trbojevic's concussion
Surely he would need clearance from 3 doctors, plus be put through a training session by an independent trainer to be accepted/cleared as fit to play? 🤔

Have Souths made a statement into the NRL decision yet?

Which makes it even weirder they were going to turf him for Fifita.

Meninga today, again, doubled down on his decision not to pick Latrell for the kangaroos. Despite a heap of centres not playing finals and injuries.🤮

No way will he be picked so it looks like we need a legal win or missing the All Stars game so he can play R1

These are some news articles regarding our Australian coach. Mr Hypocrite Meninga the high and mighty preaching on players off-field discrepancies and I'm sure these weren't the only incidents during his career. Again Mr High and Mighty is making a decision on Latrell where he hasn't been charged with doing anything illegal.

Last edited:
We don't need Meninga. The best shot of seeing Latrell in round 1 is for the club to fight the NRL ruling, which looks like what they are doing. I am sure their lawyer will be seeking a stay until a final decision is reached, which could well be next year sometime. If so, it would be funny if Souths pulled the pin on the legal challenge on a week that we didn't need Latrell to win. That last part definately won't happen, but if it did I would watch NRL360 just that week for the meltdown.

Latest posts

Back