• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

How much is he reported to be on?
Newcastle’s offer of $500,000 per season to retain the winger was bettered by the Roosters and Young could have earned even more cash playing for the Dolphins or Titans.

Way overpaid for a winger

Newcastle’s offer of $500,000 per season to retain the winger was bettered by the Roosters and Young could have earned even more cash playing for the Dolphins or Titans.

Way overpaid for a winger
What are top tier wingers earning these days?

IMO a top line winger is worth their weight in gold. If you could get To'o, for $500k you would take it. Same for Caleb Clarke. It's all a matter of balancing the cap. Hence the support for guys like Taane who are absolutely holding their own in the top 30 for the money they are being paid. This is an area that Melbourne have always done well.

If illias was allowed to look elsewhere which was months ago now, why hasn't he been nabbed?

If illias was allowed to look elsewhere which was months ago now, why hasn't he been nabbed?
Casue like Hawkins they are backup halves.
The arguments we were having was over who the better backup half should be. Not who should have taken over from reynolds.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCR
So you spend multiple posts arguing back and forth with other posters who don’t want him and now you’re trying to trying to suggest you never wanted him.

What’s that saying about a duck and if it walks like one and quacks like one? 🤔

I don’t argue, I just bring up points. But look at my past comments on De Belin not once did I say I personally want him, I was just making the point that this so called made up “ no d##khead policy” was made up and there have been a number of ex players who have done questionable things in there past. I’m not allowed to ask the question? I’m not allowed to have an opinion on the club I support?

Looking at some of the other teams like Storm and Penrith, when they replace players due to injuries, the new players always seam to step up. That does show up the difference when our replacements are called upon. Recruitment does play a part but so does the coaching system. Both will be managed by WB for the next few years. I see your frustration but the "dead wood" you referred to will be either replaced or improved by WB very quickly.

Those teams recruitment manager and coach know what fits and what they need in the club to make them stronger.

I wish we would do the same

IMO a top line winger is worth their weight in gold. If you could get To'o, for $500k you would take it. Same for Caleb Clarke. It's all a matter of balancing the cap. Hence the support for guys like Taane who are absolutely holding their own in the top 30 for the money they are being paid. This is an area that Melbourne have always done well.
Well you are not getting To’o for $500k so there’s that.
You can win a comp with guys like AJ on the wing - you don’t need Dom Young’s for $650k to win a comp

Tass is a hard one. Yes he fills in but does he offer anymore then a youngster would? I'm not sure. He cannot or does not pass at centre. He is slow for a winger. Question is so we have a youngster ready to step in as cover in 2025? If the club can answer yes then I wouldn't resign Tass.
I'm reading this discussion without getting involved because you guys are more aware of what's out there but I have to disagree with the "Tass doesn't pass the ball" comments.
I think that belief comes from last year when teams were prepared for our left edge attack and their defence was drifting across crowding us into the sideline.
A lot of the time Tass didn't pass the ball as he and Johnston were crowded towards the sideline and if Tass passed it Alex would have had no room. I just think Tass didn't like throwing hospital passes. I'm sure there were times he could have, but I'm happy with his pass selection.

I'm reading this discussion without getting involved because you guys are more aware of what's out there but I have to disagree with the "Tass doesn't pass the ball" comments.
I think that belief comes from last year when teams were prepared for our left edge attack and their defence was drifting across crowding us into the sideline.
A lot of the time Tass didn't pass the ball as he and Johnston were crowded towards the sideline and if Tass passed it Alex would have had no room. I just think Tass didn't like throwing hospital passes. I'm sure there were times he could have, but I'm happy with his pass selection.
Reasonable analysis.

Part of the issue was that Tass wasn't really seen as a threat, so people could take space from Cody, who'd crab sideways and that would remove space from Tass and Johnston.

And his passing game was not good Kent. He didn't know how to draw and pass IMO.

I think he's a good 1st backup for centre, but having Wighton and Graham as your first choice centres is a no brainer.

Any way you look at it it was a resounding success.

Practically begged him to sign, offering so much money.

He eventually agrees.

Ends up playing 5 games with us for 1 try.

At half-time of the Newcastle v Souths game he suits up and flies to Melbourne for the Logies and then he joins the roosters.
And lost them the GF against the Panthers cause he couldn't stay on his wing.
Best money we ever spent :cool:

Latest posts

Back