• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Never said that I wanted to sign De Belin. I was just questioning why help where against the signing due to his off field issues and this made up no d###head policy that some fans think we have in place, when we had some ex players who have had questionable situations in the past. Never said I wanted him in any post so please don’t make up stories.
So you spend multiple posts arguing back and forth with other posters who don’t want him and now you’re trying to trying to suggest you never wanted him.

What’s that saying about a duck and if it walks like one and quacks like one? 🤔

I'm reading all the back and forth over Tass, Milne etc. and no one has mentioned that we have signed Fletcher Myers. The club and all the experts here can evaluate him and then decide on Tass, Milne etc.
Has been spoken about. The thing is we don’t know too much about him. He does seem to have a bit of speed. Plays wing and centre. On a development contract. Low risk signing.

Its easy to say “ but but” but the facts are what the are. No pie in the sky wishful thinking changes that.
I provided you with a list of the talent at the start of the year. Our blokes are more often better than alternative choices
Unfortunately, many of our highly talented youngsters have not been able to progress due to injuries...if even one or two came through, some of these players would have been in NSW cup with fewer starts in firsts

We are just going back and forth here. All I’m saying is that we need to get rid of the dead wood in the squad, there is ways to do it. In my opinion Ilias should not leave instead Host and Havili are the two contracted players that need to be moved on ASAP. Maybe English side might pick them up who knows but they need to go to make the team moved forward.

The others on the list should be

Chee Kam
Kennar
Thompson
Milne
Tass
Te Hau
Hawkins

If we are serious about next year these guys will not be at the club next year.
We shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that it was Ilias through his manager who requested permission to negotiate with other clubs. This was a direct response to news that Souths had signed another halfback (Dodd).
Souths didn’t initiate the potential contract release. The ball is in the court of Ilias manager.

So you’re happy with having Milne, Kennar, Te Hau, Tass and Chee Kam as outside back options for next year?
We’re reportedly still looking to recruit a quality centre/wing. No NRL names have come up but I‘d be hopeful that something will happen in time for a 2025 start.

They can still be replaced with better suited players for the squad.

It can be fixed by recruiting better and what we need.

But the deadwood needs to go
Looking at some of the other teams like Storm and Penrith, when they replace players due to injuries, the new players always seam to step up. That does show up the difference when our replacements are called upon. Recruitment does play a part but so does the coaching system. Both will be managed by WB for the next few years. I see your frustration but the "dead wood" you referred to will be either replaced or improved by WB very quickly.

Looking at some of the other teams like Storm and Penrith, when they replace players due to injuries, the new players always seam to step up. That does show up the difference when our replacements are called upon. Recruitment does play a part but so does the coaching system. Both will be managed by WB for the next few years. I see your frustration but the "dead wood" you referred to will be either replaced or improved by WB very quickly.
This gets down to having all grades training and playing the same structures so when a player comes up to the next level he already knows his role and how to fit seamlessly into the team. Ideally!

Thanks. My question remains. Do we have a 20 year old who has more promise in being a future fulltime first grader that would do the same job and would benefit from the experience. Look at jye. Has taken to first grade.
Most of our planned future first graders have been a disaster. Either injury or off-field behaviour has cruelled them. I suspect the club won’t be giving out future guaranteed spots anymore.

Thanks. My question remains. Do we have a 20 year old who has more promise in being a future fulltime first grader that would do the same job and would benefit from the experience. Look at jye. Has taken to first grade.
Tyrone Munroe. Hasn't really had an opportunity due to injury yet. Will be 20 next year. An off-season under WB and who knows

Most of our planned future first graders have been a disaster. Either injury or off-field behaviour has cruelled them. I suspect the club won’t be giving out future guaranteed spots anymore.
Yeah, there really isn’t a lot.

Mellars and Munro are it and have barely played any footy in 2-3 years. And they have spots in the 30 even with the likes of Milne, Tass, etc being here.

Behind them is it Rugless leading the charge? He’s a fair way off you’d think.

The ‘next outside back torch’ has been a poisoned chalice. Sualii, Kalokalo, Karapani, Fergusson, Te Hau - zero first grade yield.

We signed Macey, Wright and a few others to Black Rabbitt deals but I’m not sure that has yielded much either?

We’ve done much better in the forwards. Duncan, Moale, Le Blanc, Fletcher, etc all look solid.

I will ask again mate who are the 100-200k players you could sign to do a better job than J. Gagai, Milne on 175k, Cheeks, Kennar etc?…… you still haven’t answered mate. Niu and Aitken would be on much more than that.

He won’t answer. I even gave him a list of viable alternatives from the time we resigned the supposed “deadwood “ and he couldn’t name any of them as an upgrade to,Milne, Thommo, Gags or Kennar.
Some people just want to,squeal without offering solutions aside from some airy fairy “just sign someone”😆😆

Latest posts

Back