• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Souths are starting to sound like the Dogs or Roosters with every player available headed our way. Lucky this is a rumours thread or I might start taking some of this crap as believable. Media speculation. Now let's put a few facts on the table. Fact 1: Cook is signed to us for 2025. Fact 2: Cook has stated that he wants to stay at Souths. Fact 3 : Bennett is still coaching a team in pursuit of a premiership and probably shouldn't be taking up his time looking at players for our club at the moment. Fact 4: The media are again running a campaign of getting into people's heads and again it's working.

Last edited:
Gathering my thoughts about next year, based on rumours and articles etc............................

We will be without Cook which places a different light on Mamo and also if we bring in another hooker.

We could be adding Aitken, de Belin and TPJ.

Interesting.
After the All Blacks are picked we will find out if the rumour of Caleb Clarke has legs or not. Hopefully it does.

TPJ is one guy I’d love to get to Souths.

He’s the mongrel in the pack we have desperately lacked since S.Burgess retired.

Offering him a career lifeline, we’d get him for “unders”, he’s versatile and if Wayne can get him firing again, he’s a representative quality forward.
Thick as a plank…makes Brandon look like a Rhodes scholar….🤣

He's not on 700k and what his wage is has nothing to do with you or I.
We are fans, not part of Souths Admin.
I agree, his wage should be his business but in today’s game whether you like it or not they are published and probably not far off the mark.
However he is a senior Souths player and his wage actually affects the salary cap and that means who we can keep or attract.
I’d actually think Cook is better suited to playing lock - he is a manufactured hooker - but that’s not going to happen with Murray.

His speed could be utilised so much better in other positions.

Cooks a 70-80 minute hooker. I can’t see us keeping him on 650k to play 40mins or less. There are better utility options out there, or should be come 2026.

Of all our high earners, Cook is the right one to move on if we want to rebalance our squad/beef up the forwards. Along with Ilias moving to accommodate Dodd, which would seem likely as well - unless we see him filling a utility role. My preference would be to find a better option for 14.

The question it seems is who do we replace Tom woth. TPJ played his best football under Bennett, but it’s a risky play, however at the right price I’d take the punt - but then live in permanent fear of him doing dumb shit every touch. Royce Hunt, the other option talked about would be adequate as well. We might be going after both pending where the club see’s Keons future, middle or edge.

Thick as a plank…makes Brandon look like a Rhodes scholar….🤣
Definitely not a Mensa member but would make a good battering ram running the ball back. Also hard to stop near the line. Maybe WB can get the best out of him at the right price.

Definitely not a Mensa member but would make a good battering ram running the ball back. Also hard to stop near the line. Maybe WB can get the best out of him at the right price.
I don't know if he's coming or not but dumbing down a player's game can help. Bellamy has made a career out of it.

Bennett would not forgive Smith for reneging on the Dolphins. No chance of him coming to Souths.
That would be Wayne telling the pot it’s black, no? He’s been good for a reneg in the past. :)

I think he was supposed to coach the Roosters back when Gould was involved with the club. 2006ish. Could be wrong.
Also I think he is calling the kettle black.

That was because Bennett and the Roosters had an agreement that his going there was not leaked, it was leaked so Bennett called the contract off.

Not really a pot vs kettle if the agreement was broken.

That was because Bennett and the Roosters had an agreement that his going there was not leaked, it was leaked so Bennett called the contract off.

Not really a pot vs kettle if the agreement was broken.
Yes I thought it was something like that.
Weather it is a pot v kettle situation I'm not sure, could be, but I was saying that it is the kettle that is called black, not the pot. Not important.

Latest posts

Back