• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

So, according to James Hooper, it sounds like Cook to Dragons, De Belin to us is a done deal. Look, I trust Wayne and De Belin isn't a bad player, but on face value I don't like it.

Hmmm so a few rumors that Cooky is the one doing the leaking. Of course, the club has to come out and say that's not the case. But where there's smoke, is there fire? I remember there was some suggestion of that last year and earlier this year when he was dropped. Hmmmmmm.

I heard that cook was the leak by some people.

It’s all speculative. If Mamouzelos goes down round one, it’ll be a blunder. If Tatola doesn’t make it back it’ll be a great move.

I’ll just trust Wayne and see what happens.
There must be a signing coming there is no way Wayne is going to run with Pete as his first choice 9 if winning a premiership is in his plans.

There is a fan petition to get souths to extend Cooks contract for another season lol
As much as I love Cookie, this is not a good idea.

See out the contract then turn it over to Mamozelous full time.

As I have stated before, the timing for it couldn’t be better (IMO).

Same goes for Walker. See out the contract and then turn it over to Mitchell/Wighton/Gray.

If Dragons/Roosters/whoever want Cook, they can ****ing wait until he is off contract at the end of 2025!

So, according to James Hooper, it sounds like Cook to Dragons, De Belin to us is a done deal. Look, I trust Wayne and De Belin isn't a bad player, but on face value I don't like it.

Hmmm so a few rumors that Cooky is the one doing the leaking. Of course, the club has to come out and say that's not the case. But where there's smoke, is there fire? I remember there was some suggestion of that last year and earlier this year when he was dropped. Hmmmmmm.
The leak was not Damien Cook.

Don’t buy into that shit at all.

The leak was not Damien Cook.

Don’t buy into that shit at all.
A number of people have said that Damien was “leaking” against JD earlier this season (I’m not saying it’s true, just that it’s been said by a number of people).

So, how are you so confident to make such declarative statements?

FWIW the club have officially stated (through Read or Weidler, can’t remember which journo on which panel) that there is absolutely no substance to the Cook as the leak story.

I will miss seeing him in the Jersey but all things come to pass. He is near retirement now and he gave his best for us.
and hopefully he will be back in a training/conditioning role (if he doesn't end up fulltime on Fox)

Having players for the prime of their careers and then releasing them at 32-33 is how you don't fall in a ditch for 5-10 years. It's the right time to not get in a bidding war over guys like Tom Burgess, Damien Cook, etc.

We just need to ensure we have the right replacement.

One more thing - reportedly he was on $650k next year and he's walked away from that for $500k next year and the year after?

Good luck to him.

Latest posts

Back