• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Npt possibly surely- one of the biggest reasons for errors in any sport is fitness or lack thereof

So to give you 2 examples that counter that.
R1 against Manly. Up 20 to 12 after scoring in the 47th minute. We were flying, clearly we didn’t hit the wall. The problem was 3 consecutive errors that saw them run in tries in the 49th & 53rd minute.
Thats not fitness, that was a lack of ability t9 handle adversity and a momentum change. When on the back foot we lack agility and speed in the pack

R3 Rorters. 6 of the first 8 sets we turned the ball over early in the count. It wasn’t fitness. The game was barely 15 minutes old.

It was just dumbarse pathetic football AND yes, after you make all of those errors and never touch the bal, tackling constantly, yes, fitness does come into play but it’s not what has got us into the mess we are in

Last edited:
Go back and listen to Flanagan's presser after the Cronulla loss. He talked about how his team fatigued in that game. Pretty much exactly what's been happening to us. So Saints are also unfit hey ? It should make for an even contest then. 😂
Maybe they are?

But are they getting beaten by 30 plus each week?

Do you honestly think we should have stuck with JD and keep Croll for another 2-3 years and every year when we fail you will just blame injuries and suspensions etc?

any chooks forwards to chase ?
Foxsports mention an excess with DF signing.
Chase Angus or the Butcher Bros.
Wouldn’t go for Tupouni he’s is average

Maybe they are?

But are they getting beaten by 30 plus each week?

Do you honestly think we should have stuck with JD and keep Croll for another 2-3 years and every year when we fail you will just blame injuries and suspensions etc?
No, I just don't believe a full team of NRL players go into a competition unfit. Wighton was apparently the fittest and that runs true for many older players in this competition. This is their livelihood and they aren't going into a new season half hearted. We can blame the coach and everyone in the club all we want , but they aren't out there completing at 50 or 60%. That's lack of concentration and laziness. I am not unhappy JD's gone as his team choices were sometimes bewildering, but I'm not going to get on here and say the bloke can't coach, just the same as I'm not going to say Croll is a hopeless trainer. We don't do their job ,so we have no idea of what we're talking about. The club has made their decision for whatever reasons and I'm happy to run with that.

No, I just don't believe a full team of NRL players go into a competition unfit. Wighton was apparently the fittest and that runs true for many older players in this competition. This is their livelihood and they aren't going into a new season half hearted. We can blame the coach and everyone in the club all we want , but they aren't out there completing at 50 or 60%. That's lack of concentration and laziness. I am not unhappy JD's gone as his team choices were sometimes bewildering, but I'm not going to get on here and say the bloke can't coach, just the same as I'm not going to say Croll is a hopeless trainer. We don't do their job ,so we have no idea of what we're talking about. The club has made their decision for whatever reasons and I'm happy to run with that.
I dont think they went into the season intentionally unfit, Croll, JD and the hierarchy have let the players dictate terms and they obviously decided they were fit enough for the season ahead and have been found out.

You dont get this many injuries just from "bad luck" - if you arent conditioned properly then the likelihood of injury is much higher and that has been proven in our injury toll.

Again - i dont think this was premeditated but the standards have dropped and that has been brutally exposed by opposition teams.

If experts like Hindy, Johns etc are noticing it and other clubs are aware of it then surely it has some substance.

The trouble is that people automatically correlate lack of success with lack of effort.

I dont think they went into the season intentionally unfit, Croll, JD and the hierarchy have let the players dictate terms and they obviously decided they were fit enough for the season ahead and have been found out.

You dont get this many injuries just from "bad luck" - if you arent conditioned properly then the likelihood of injury is much higher and that has been proven in our injury toll.

Again - i dont think this was premeditated but the standards have dropped and that has been brutally exposed by opposition teams.

If experts like Hindy, Johns etc are noticing it and other clubs are aware of it then surely it has some substance.
Plenty of teams have gone through an injury crisis. We've been pretty lucky in that regard for a long time now. You aren't breaking bones or having heart problems because your badly conditioned. It's called bad luck and it runs rampant in society.

So if we "appear" unfit because we make too many errors, and have to do more work.... how does that explain Penrith, Brisbane, Manly and the Bulldogs, who all went into this Round in the top 8, and all make more errors per game than we do?

Or is it perhaps that correlation does not equal causation, and there's more to it than that...

Back