• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Seriously they cannot let a good back up half leave? Like for real

Cody and Cooky would be who you look at to release early to free up cash.

I can’t believe releasing Lachie is an option
Gray will be the back up half.

If Ilias is on $500k that’s ridiculous

If Wayne’s stint here last time was anything to go by Ilias won’t be the last to go and Dodd won’t be the only signing

I agree losing Wayne was the bigger blow, but I think he wanted to move back to QLD if I’m not mistaken
From what I was told by someone in the club Wayne regretted making an early decision to finish up.
Nah, no advantage after the bye.
Imagine, interim coach has a week during the bye, inherits JD’s mess, then they get towelled up by Storm and Panthers.
Telecrap and NRL720 (Bwaith goes around in circles!) would have a field day.
We’ve come this far, allow Thursday to take its course and then act….
As opposed to having just a week to inherit the same mess and come up against the Dragons?

Although the results for those 2 weeks wouldn’t have been much different there would have been progression already.

Who cares what they say over at NRL360. They have been all over us for a while now.

From what I was told by someone in the club Wayne regretted making an early decision to finish up.

As opposed to having just a week to inherit the same mess and come up against the Dragons?

Although the results for those 2 weeks wouldn’t have been much different there would have been progression already.

Who cares what they say over at NRL360. They have been all over us for a while now.
Well sounds like he we will get that wish soon 😉. I have mentioned it a few times, but he and Rusty still do talk a lot, and I do think he really enjoyed his time here. If all signs point to him coming back here, hopefully we have a better transition plan this time around. Or we just let him coach to he physically can’t anymore 😂

Well sounds like he we will get that wish soon 😉. I have mentioned it a few times, but he and Rusty still do talk a lot, and I do think he really enjoyed his time here. If all signs point to him coming back here, hopefully we have a better transition plan this time around. Or we just let him coach to he physically can’t anymore 😂
If it is just a two year deal like I’ve been told ( leaves him open to take the 18th team role)

Off contract at the end of 2026 are Cleary, Bellamy possibly again, Webster

If it is just a two year deal like I’ve been told ( leaves him open to take the 18th team role)

Off contract at the end of 2026 are Cleary, Bellamy possibly again, Webster
Is Sam off in 26 also? Or end of 25?

The mole posted this -
Smart money has David Furner as new @SSFCRABBITOHS at 5.01pm today AET

But not a release. There is a difference so souths could at the end say no to a release is my understanding.
Permission to negotiate leaves it to the market to decide his value. Souths have played the ball back to Anasta to decide whether to go to market. A release is the next step should he want to take up an offer.

Be very weird timing to do so considering we play Thursday. Should have been done after the Sharks game. Being that we had the bye would have been perfect timing for it.
This time next week it will have been done, pencil in next Monday as D day.

Exactly, don't put an expiry date on Wayne.
If Wayne does decide to return you’d have to believe it would be his last move…..that being the case I think that neither the club nor Wayne would engage in discussions around a succession plan. Just agree to re-sign on a season by season basis. If either party wants to call it a day then it’ll be agreed at that time. It makes more sense if both parties are happy to go down that sort of open ended path.

Sheessh - at 5:01 pm AET my phone popped up a breaking news thingy - surely not, I thought ;)

Latest posts

Back