• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

He’ll only be 32 come start of season next year.

A year doesn’t seem like that much of a stretch to me.

Especially considering I reckon he knows the deal will be club friendly.

Pretty close to George's age? :D

I guess that shows that you just never know how things will turn out.

Too much sense for this thread mate what Tom has done for us previously apparently doesn’t matter at all he’s 37 too and ancient not 31 🙄 🙄.

Who said he is 37, can you provide a link?

But you denied you based your opinion on what Jed said, now you're suggesting his opinion holds weight with you going back as far as last season. I'm confused.

But you don't base your opinion on what Jed said? LOL.

You seem like a nice guy who is obviously passionate about the Bunnies.

If you could just knock off pretending you have inside knowledge, know what everyone is paid and constantly criticising the club every time they fail to do as you would like, then exchanges with you would be far more pleasant.
I judge my opinion based on what happens on the field but what’s that saying fail to prepare prepare to fail don’t do the hard yakka at training what do you expect. It’s good to get insight from friends and other forum members if you can’t often get to training. Training standards were not where they needed to be last year.

I don’t know exact figures or what everyone is paid correct but I know for a fact Tom has taken a pay cut to put the club first.

Another benefit to keeping Tom is he will be great for Moale and the other youngsters be a great mentor to them.

Interesting from Spud off the Warren who is often very reliable with his info. Again this is a rumours thread so thought I’d post it here

I’ve returned from NZ!!! I caught up with my people.

1- Tom approached the club, was told to prove himself. Told them what do you think I’ve done over the past 200 games. Body is feeling good and wants to achieve 250 games. See what happens.

2- Caleb - 2025. I’ll leave that as that for now.

3- Certain players at the club were placed on diets to lose weight. All have either achieved the set goal or are close.

4- Interesting one - The club 4 weeks ago was talking with Mitch Barnett. He’s a bit home sick!!! Nothing has eventuated but I found it odd.

5- JD has a set time to achieve a KPI. Wasn’t told details of the KPI or the time but I replied that I’m guessing it’s first half of the season and I got a few smiles.

6- The club is still in constant contact with Sammy.

As always, love yas and Kia Ora.

From my personal perspective it would just be plain wrong to see Tom in another NRL jersey it wouldn’t be right

I can just imagine that people from the club would disclose that stuff to a random who just happened to ask a few questions 🥴🥴🥴

strikes me as some nuftie talking to some nufftie

JD has a set time to achieve a KPI. Wasn’t told details of the KPI or the time but I replied that I’m guessing it’s first half of the season and I got a few smiles.

I was one who previously questioned whether Tom would be with us next year. But that was more driven from his side of things. Assuming he might retire or go to the ESL.

On the rumour stuff. Barnett is an out and out edge. It would fill me with confidence to know the club were interested. And obviously, Clarke fills a spot of need.

The club looking at wingers and edge forwards is smart.

Personally, I’d prefer a proper prop not yet another edge, we have the coming out of our clacker🤪

to my way of thinking we have 3 & a half props and that’s Not enough

That's last year. Are you really so naive that you think it's impossible for his form to drop due to age or injuries? You can't just promise a contract unconditionally, it's a ridiculous concept. You see how goes then review his form, injury status and other recruitment issues like new signings or extensions, then you make a move.

If you followed that approach, you wouldn't sign anyone for longer than a year. If you judge, even at his age, he is going to add value above his contract payment for 2025 you go ahead and sign him. Cody is older and we signed him for two years.

I can just imagine that people from the club would disclose that stuff to a random who just happened to ask a few questions 🥴🥴🥴

strikes me as some nuftie talking to some nufftie
I'd also be interested to know if all these posters off other forums have given him permission to copy and paste their quotes all over the internet. If you can't give your own opinion under your name tag then don't plagiarize others. I think should this be a given not just on here but in every level of society., but as we know society and respect has gone pear shaped since the internet took over people's lives.

I was one who previously questioned whether Tom would be with us next year. But that was more driven from his side of things. Assuming he might retire or go to the ESL.

On the rumour stuff. Barnett is an out and out edge. It would fill me with confidence to know the club were interested. And obviously, Clarke fills a spot of need.

The club looking at wingers and edge forwards is smart.
In regargs to Clarke is AJ retiring, Munro has one wing possie?

He would likely be eligible for a long serving player discount thingy which there is.
Actually there isn’t. It is not allocated to a single player. The long serving player allowance is given to the club if they have players who qualify. It is so easy to qualify that pretty much all clubs already get the max amount for this. It would make zero difference to a future contract for Tom.

Personally, I’d prefer a proper prop not yet another edge, we have the coming out of our clacker🤪

to my way of thinking we have 3 & a half props and that’s Not enough
At Souths?

As quality starting edges we have Koloamatangi. Host and Chee Kam are here. Lovett and Fletcher are works in progress.

Middles we have Tatola, Burgess, Arrow, Keppie, Havili, Mitchell, Moale, Suluka Fifita. Plus Duncan and Murray. Le Blanc and Grossemy as works in progress.

While I’d love a Leota/JFH/Leinu prop rotation, but I reckon we’re in more trouble on the edges.

Feel like the same sentiment that poo poos a Barnett type, is the same that will cry foul when Host and Chee Kam are in the side every week.

Latest posts

Back