• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

So is WB saying we have no money for the likes of Cobbo or RCG mean we work with what we got? Or are we foxing and there’s some horse trading to come? I suspect we legit have no cap, which makes for an interesting year in 25.

Great news. :)

South Sydney halfback Lachlan Ilias offered positional switch under new coach Wayne Bennett​

Lachlan Ilias was deemed surplus to requirements at South Sydney and headed for the exit door, but new coach Wayne Bennett has arrived with a new career plan for the young star.

Michael Carayannis and Brent Read

2 min read

September 20, 2024 - 5:00AM

Incoming South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett has told halfback Lachlan Ilias that he wants him at the club next season, but he could be in line for a positional change.

So is WB saying we have no money for the likes of Cobbo or RCG mean we work with what we got? Or are we foxing and there’s some horse trading to come? I suspect we legit have no cap, which makes for an interesting year in 25.

Its been clear our cap is close to full with contracts putting further restrictions on that but some are still demanding we sign the likes of Hynes😆😆😆

Great news. :)

South Sydney halfback Lachlan Ilias offered positional switch under new coach Wayne Bennett​

Lachlan Ilias was deemed surplus to requirements at South Sydney and headed for the exit door, but new coach Wayne Bennett has arrived with a new career plan for the young star.

Michael Carayannis and Brent Read

2 min read

September 20, 2024 - 5:00AM

Incoming South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett has told halfback Lachlan Ilias that he wants him at the club next season, but he could be in line for a positional change.
WB must be reading the Pride. A lot of posters have mentioned trying Illias at 9. He certainly makes the tackles that Cook makes.

WB must be reading the Pride. A lot of posters have mentioned trying Illias at 9. He certainly makes the tackles that Cook makes.
I believe Illias can be in our best 17 and it would be brilliant if WB can get Lachlan to play his best football next season.

I wonder how Anasta feels about Lachlan staying put for 2025. I guess his commission helps subdue his feelings for SSFC.

It will be interesting to see if Lachlan can find that spot and hold it long enough to show WB he is a NRL player

I don’t question Koloamatangis commitment, he played every game this year? Hardly injured, hardly suspended, played in the middle when needed and pumped out some massive minutes.
I think his biggest problem is that he doesn’t know how good he could be….he could easily influence a game like Liam Martin he just needs believe he can

I think his downfall was arrogance and cockiness.
When he started to get talked up for NSW and then made it, to me this is where he started to slide big time.
Started to think he was one of the best backrowers in the game but then stopped playing like one.
Went away from what got him in that contention, was a damaging runner out wide, now he dances instead of running and makes himself easier to tackle.
I can't remember the last time I saw him run on to the ball hard or run a decent line.
I can't even remember him making a damaging run busting through players.

In a nut shell he had very little impact playing on the edge.

Latest posts

Back