• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

I must be one of the few that thought tass showed more in 2023 than wighton in 24. I understand positional changes etc. But we're talking about a rookie and a veteran.

And in a hysterically & ironic manner, some of the chest puffers who were hyping some of those “future stars” are now slagging off the club for backing them and now claim the club made poor decisions.😆😆

They know who they are 😜
I'll put my hand up, I was really excited for Taaffe and Illias after the CS a few years back. And I really trusted our decision makers, I think the more I found out about how we manage our pathways and recruit / retain at lower levels, it now makes more sense why I was very wrong.

Happy for Cody to go, he is old and small. 2025 we are not coming from 16th to win the comp. So 2026 is (hopefully) the year to go for it, and he will be nearly 37 by the time finals come around. Not happening.

Re Trell, it's not that so much as I am pretty convinced he will never consistently be fit enough to play FB as he should and we can't pay $1.2 for a centre, with Graham on big money and in theory, Jack also our centre.
Cody had his best year under WB. He has had many good games in a very poor season. I think next year he will be in a much better space than the last 2. I agree that a team can't win a comp from 16th but that only applies if it is the same team. Compare the team that took the field for the latter half of 2024 to the potential team that takes the field in 2025. Compare the coach. The 2025 team would put a number on the 2024 team as it stands. 2025 we are in it.

Graham was the best centre in the NRL hands down at the start of last year hands down. When he got injured our form went to shit. In my opinion he is the key to our side winning games on his defence alone.

Munro is still young, still growing into his body but he has the speed we need, look at Teddy from the roosters he had back to back injuries earlier on in his career and bounce back from it.
Graham's defence on the right has been really missed this season. I am hopeful that he and Munro can form a solid defensive combination over the offseason. Something that has been a bit of a problem for a few years now. Munro could also be the best option that CG has ever had outside him but time will tell. A good offseason and the points leaked on the right edge could completely dry up. That's just the defensive aspect of this pairing to look forward to.

I'll put my hand up, I was really excited for Taaffe and Illias after the CS a few years back. And I really trusted our decision makers, I think the more I found out about how we manage our pathways and recruit / retain at lower levels, it now makes more sense why I was very wrong.

I think they’re both still very good players with real potential, unfortunately clubs don’t have the patience, I hope they go to England perhaps & come back more mature, confident players

Graham being good in the air is a bit of a
furphy, he’s never been that well utilised in this area. Even when he was on the wing, we didn’t kick to him/have any great success with him in the air.

Graham's defence on the right has been really missed this season. I am hopeful that he and Munro can form a solid defensive combination over the offseason. Something that has been a bit of a problem for a few years now. Munro could also be the best option that CG has ever had outside him but time will tell. A good offseason and the points leaked on the right edge could completely dry up. That's just the defensive aspect of this pairing to look forward to.

I just hope Graham doesn’t relapse
It might take a while to get that confidence back, I hope the injury doesn’t return

Cody had his best year under WB. He has had many good games in a very poor season. I think next year he will be in a much better space than the last 2. I agree that a team can't win a comp from 16th but that only applies if it is the same team. Compare the team that took the field for the latter half of 2024 to the potential team that takes the field in 2025. Compare the coach. The 2025 team would put a number on the 2024 team as it stands. 2025 we are in it.
Sure, I can buy we will be a lot better. But what was the last team that came from last or second last to win the comp? I'd say it was the Rorters? But they recruited prime SBW, plus a new coach.

So ideally we are really aiming for 2026. In 2025, back in the finals, good habits and go for it in 2026. And great, Cody played very well under Bennett. But that will be 5 years in the rear view at that point, he will be months from turning 37. I can't see how you can expect a small 5/8 at that age, to lead you to a premiership.

We also missed Graham's strength in the air in attack and defence whether for bombs or goal-line drop-outs.
CG draws the defence in attack and could leave Munro in space. That will be good to watch. With to attacking weapons together they may not have to defend as much as needed this year. With the goal line drop-outs Graham could still have caught a couple of them from where he was watching in the stands. We really need to work on them in the offseason.

I just hope Graham doesn’t relapse
It might take a while to get that confidence back, I hope the injury doesn’t return
I don't know if the injury will be a weak spot or not but there shouldn't be any confidence issues. He played with the injury for a while and went ok. 2025 he will be playing without the Inury.

Sure, I can buy we will be a lot better. But what was the last team that came from last or second last to win the comp? I'd say it was the Rorters? But they recruited prime SBW, plus a new coach.

So ideally we are really aiming for 2026. In 2025, back in the finals, good habits and go for it in 2026. And great, Cody played very well under Bennett. But that will be 5 years in the rear view at that point, he will be months from turning 37. I can't see how you can expect a small 5/8 at that age, to lead you to a premiership.
Realistically the teams that have come 16th haven't had the talent sitting on the side line for most the season like we have just had. If the injury toll was reasonable and we didn't have the coaching debacle then we would not have come 16th. Also I don't get the Cody point. He has always been a small 5/8. His performance is more dependant on his fitness and desire rather than his age. That's just my opinion.

Graham being good in the air is a bit of a
furphy, he’s never been that well utilised in this area. Even when he was on the wing, we didn’t kick to him/have any great success with him in the air.
Agreed. Apart from that one try against Cronulla in his second season, we have rarely kicked to him.

Realistically the teams that have come 16th haven't had the talent sitting on the side line for most the season like we have just had. If the injury toll was reasonable and we didn't have the coaching debacle then we would not have come 16th. Also I don't get the Cody point. He has always been a small 5/8. His performance is more dependant on his fitness and desire rather than his age. That's just my opinion.
Two counters - what ensures that our players will be fit? Arrow coming off a major injury, Junior is still limping around in a boot, Trell has a lot to prove and is not a 20 plus game player, Cam hasn't played done any contact work for a long time and Cook / Tom are now gone.

You don't get the Cody point? I don't understand what is complicated about questioning how a near 37 year old (if we are believing we can be there in Sept / Oct of 2026) is unheard of. Cooper Cronk, Cam Smith comparisons? Guess what, they had won multiple comps and Origin series. Cody has never done that.

Latest posts

Back