• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

While I agree it would be nice to have an Amazon of junior talent on the books to pick through and grab at will, the question is, what’s wrong with the amount of young talent in the side currently? Duncan, Gray, Fletcher and Munro are legitimate top tier prospects. They were singled out before the season started on panel shows and podcasts as talent to watch out for. On top of that everyone likes Mellars and Le Blanc. Throw Moale in too.

That’s 7 genuine young talents in a squad of 36.

I’d probably love a couple more, but a couple isn’t ‘let’s go recruit an army of up and comers in an attempt to corner a market we can’t control.’

Senior player movement is nonexistent in the market price.

Junior talent is as volatile as ever. Finau, Sanders, Stewart, Strange, Talagi. That’s a junior rep spine and then some that’s shifted clubs in the last 18 months. All developed by clubs who’ll now get zero benefit as they transition to other first grade squads as closer to finished products.

I’m not saying I 100% endorse this approach. But it’s the other side of the previous very one sided take presented.
I said after their respective debuts in pathways that these kids all look likely NRL players

Applauded the club for their acquisitions with the caveat that it needed to continue

Who have we signed since? That was one recruitment drive in 5 years.

Look through the grades and the talent is thin. There’s no outside backs of note, most the spine positions are weak

Talk to anyone in the Juniors outside those with vested interests and the consensus is our pathway systems are shit

I’m not wetting myself over Hunt like you champ.

Would of much preferred Stefano ( who you don’t rate, but it seems Bellamy does ) or RCG

Just got to hope Bennett can get the best out of Hunt otherwise on current form he will be a dud.

Much like 99% of your posts

Loose with the truth again. You can’t lay straight in bed😆

Hunt, Yes like you I think he’s worth chasing as the market is thin. We need to replace Tom. He can’t be anything but a worthwhile addition at the price. Not wetting myself at all just see a vale and a gap to fill

As to Stefano, the lazy log wanting upwards of 800k, well, I’m not surprised you think we should have signed him. Your highlight reel hysteria is just that and you’re clueless as to a thing called a salary cap
so far you’ve wanted us to sign every shinning new thing regardless of the facts. Stop your chest puffing, you ain’t qualified for a job at the club in recruitment or toilet cleaning for that matter

I said after their respective debuts in pathways that these kids all look likely NRL players

Applauded the club for their acquisitions with the caveat that it needed to continue

Who have we signed since? That was one recruitment drive in 5 years.

Look through the grades and the talent is thin. There’s no outside backs of note, most the spine positions are weak

Talk to anyone in the Juniors outside those with vested interests and the consensus is our pathway systems are shit

I’d assume that’s why Joe O doesn’t have a job for next year? It certainly wasn’t based on his NSW Cup coaching performance.

Can only assume (that one post Covid purge aside) that the club isn’t happy with the stocks.

As for who’s behind them. The only guys that look likely are Hallie and Rugless that I’ve seen.

Though McCarthy might join them.

I haven’t seen enough of the new guys, Faasavalu and Vaotuua, to know if they fit that Gray, Mellars, Le Blanc, etc mould yet.

Certainly the Sualii, Kalokalo, Karapani, Te Hau, Lovett, Rhame, Gale, Giles, and Vailolo class was a big miss group that hurt and left a bit of a gap in stocks.

If nothing else it will be great having Danica Mason around the club.

Strange wanting to bring him back.
Even funnier people on the Warren angry at Ello when I reckon it’s Wayne’s decision

The talent is certainly there. Hopefully sweating his guts out building for the last few months has woken him up.

Latest posts

Back