• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

He might be a gun, but people being bullish on the guy they’ve seen play one game of grade (and perhaps a game of NSW Cup), out of position (in Humphreys), over a guy that is here that they’ve seen play hooker close to 20 times, is the most Pride thing ever. Love your work fellas. :)

Surely that is more testament to the little faith we have in Pete ever becoming an above average rugby league player than bestowing unwarranted praise on Humphreys.

Surely that is more testament to the little faith we have in Pete ever becoming an above average rugby league player than bestowing unwarranted praise on Humphreys.
You might be right Duff.

You might be right Duff.
You may also be wrong; time will tell, and we all have opinions,thats what the forum is about, it's just at this stage watching Mamo, I just don't see him being our future no 9, I'm quite happy to be wrong. I remember watching players like Mario and Bully come through our ranks as no 9s and you knew from the start that they were special, Mamo doesn't give me that sense of feeling.

At this early stage I see Humphreys as 90% down the track to being a regular NRL starter. OTOH over the past 3 seasons or so watching Mamo I can’t honestly say that he is much more than a 50% rating using that same yardstick.
Right now I’d have Dodd at 7 with Humphreys at 9 but that’s contingent upon Dodd making the transition to the NRL. I could easily see Humphreys at 7.

You may also be wrong; time will tell, and we all have opinions,thats what the forum is about, it's just at this stage watching Mamo, I just don't see him being our future no 9, I'm quite happy to be wrong. I remember watching players like Mario and Bully come through our ranks as no 9s and you knew from the start that they were special, Mamo doesn't give me that sense of feeling.
TBF, I don’t have a horse in the race.

I’ve seen some highlights of Humphreys in the halves and what we’ve all seen from Pete.

I have no idea at this point which will be the better player or to be honest, if either are going to be a long term NRL 9.

Will be one of the interesting ones to watch through the pre season and early rounds.

I’ve liked moments from Pete in the past, but right now he is looking a little fatigued in his first longer stint in grade. And yeah, he hasn’t looked like an Isaac Luke stand out based on early form. If he does make it, it’ll need to be more on guile, finesse and game management, which is something that doesn’t jump out at you right away. It’s not like he has speed, size or power at his disposal. Which are easier to spot.

Last edited:
Jimmy Sedaris was the one I thought was special from very early on and he turned into an incredibly gifted hooker. I see some good things from Mamo, but he's not a standout like Jimmy. I do think he has plenty in his game we have yet to see though.

It’s not easy to judge Pete at the minute - I know many think he is a plodder but given his style, it’d be very difficult to play 8 mins here and 20 here and then 60 one week after an injury etc and find any sort of rhythm.

I think back to how shit & confused Damien Cook looked in 2016/17 used in the same fashion. Davvy looked pretty miserable this year too until Hornby started giving him 40 odd mins consistently.

Jimmy Sedaris was the one I thought was special from very early on and he turned into an incredibly gifted hooker. I see some good things from Mamo, but he's not a standout like Jimmy. I do think he has plenty in his game we have yet to see though.
Yeah, the really good ones show their value pretty quickly with the obvious talent shining through. On what I’ve seen Humphreys is certainly of that ilk.

It’s not easy to judge Pete at the minute - I know many think he is a plodder but given his style, it’d be very difficult to play 8 mins here and 20 here and then 60 one week after an injury etc and find any sort of rhythm.

I think back to how shit & confused Damien Cook looked in 2016/17 used in the same fashion. Davvy looked pretty miserable this year too until Hornby started giving him 40 odd mins consistently.
Yeah, I hate having to form an opinion on someone who gets dripfeed game time. See how he goes for the rest of the year. But if he doesn't put his stamp on the position soon. Will be harder next year with Humphries, Grayx2 and maybe Illias fighting him for the 9 jersey.

Yeah, I hate having to form an opinion on someone who gets dripfeed game time. See how he goes for the rest of the year. But if he doesn't put his stamp on the position soon. Will be harder next year with Humphries, Grayx2 and maybe Illias fighting him for the 9 jersey.
Yep and I’m not saying Pete is the answer but he has been the apprentice for 3-4 years and he is signed for another 3 or so.. so he is going to get a very good crack at it whether people like it or not.

I also feel like it is easy to be thrown off by styles too when they are following after someone - obviously Issac was my favourite player and having to watch Cam McInnes & Farah after him was really weird given they werent dynamic runners or aggressive defenders.

Yep and I’m not saying Pete is the answer but he has been the apprentice for 3-4 years and he is signed for another 3 or so.. so he is going to get a very good crack at it whether people like it or not.

I also feel like it is easy to be thrown off by styles too when they are following after someone - obviously Issac was my favourite player and having to watch Cam McInnes & Farah after him was really weird given they werent dynamic runners or aggressive defenders.

All a long winded way of saying, give him a chance even though he looks way worse than who we let go.

Slow, weak, not crafty, defensively paper thin, has an error in him, no danger to oppositions, no kicking game, pass is acceptable but not great.

Goof.

Goof goof goof goof goof.

Jaxson Paulo tier goof.

Pete has enough creativity to play first grade.

From what I’ve seen he lacks the physicality to defend in the middle of the park for long periods.

Pete needs to go on the Bronson Xerri diet for 3 months, otherwise I think Wayne will go in a different direction.

Pete has enough creativity to play first grade.

From what I’ve seen he lacks the physicality to defend in the middle of the park for long periods.

Pete needs to go on the Bronson Xerri diet for 3 months, otherwise I think Wayne will go in a different direction.

He's already been on it.

Last ditch attempt at a career after he got injured playing for Greece a while back.

Came back sauced up with as much beef on his arms and chest as he can carry.

Not enough, goof.

The whole time we had Ilias at 7 and Mamo at 9 I wondered whether they were typecast the wrong way around….as we know there’s a degree of fluidity between those positions with the 9 having a bit more emphasis on size and ruggedness to handle the defensive side of the game.

Latest posts

Back