• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

What that highlights to me with what you’re saying is how fit must have we been back then? How did we hold on for so long and finish the game stronger?

There were 3 big moments in that game. The first one was the intercept. We finally were getting good field position and had the numbers. If Crichton doesn’t get that we score. The ball needed to go to Gagai.

The next one was the missed conversion by Adam. Somehow we were kicking to tie the game. Get that and we are in a different frame of mind.

The final one was the Murray break. This is the one that I keep mulling over. What if we had back up? What if Murray doesn’t look for support and steps him? Even the next play. What if we go left?

How we were even in that game shows how good of a side we were that year. Why I am excited for what the next few years hold with Wayne back.
The biggest ‘if only’ I have about that GF is knowing that Latrell Mitchell was watching from the grandstand. I’m convinced if he plays we win.
Yeah, spilled milk.

The biggest ‘if only’ I have about that GF is knowing that Latrell Mitchell was watching from the grandstand. I’m convinced if he plays we win.
Yeah, spilled milk.
Even when we went left you can just imagine having Latrell in that backline rather than Taaffe.

I still remember the year before in the preliminary final. Adam looked like he got a 40/20. It was millimetres in it. We were coming home strong that game as well.

Can someone explain the Aitken situation?

Papers reporting ‘another Dolphins signing’ and flat out say he’s signed.

Was first raised weeks ago.

Is he signed or not?

And if so, why the delay in announcement?

Can someone explain the Aitken situation?

Papers reporting ‘another Dolphins signing’ and flat out say he’s signed.

Was first raised weeks ago.

Is he signed or not?

And if so, why the delay in announcement?
I guess it’s one of those worst kept secret type signings. It’s like the Jamie Humphreys signing. It was spoken about back when we were playing Manly that he had signed and that’s the reason why he wasn’t picked to play first grade for that game.

I guess it’s one of those worst kept secret type signings. It’s like the Jamie Humphreys signing. It was spoken about back when we were playing Manly that he had signed and that’s the reason why he wasn’t picked to play first grade for that game.
I get that with junior guys. They regularly delay those for whatever reason. Just weird to do it with a veteran player who likely walks into your starting 17.

I doubt sensitivities around us negotiating with any existing players in that position. Host, Lovett, Fletcher, Duncan, etc are all signed. The only off contract edge is Chee Kam.

Dolphins have already said they’re out I think.

Just wonder if he is signed and they’re holding it for a larger squad announcement, or whether News understands it’s done but he hasn’t been put to paper yet/they’re still working stuff out.

Makes sence. Whoever leaked it then did us a favour. I thought Lawton played well in the halves but Humphreys could have caused us a bit more trouble.

I get that with junior guys. They regularly delay those for whatever reason. Just weird to do it with a veteran player who likely walks into your starting 17.
There could be a number of different reasons. Maybe the deal is all but done yet not official? Maybe it’s a the players request? Maybe it’s a timing thing.

Interesting it’ll be to see how TPJ goes if he does come down.

Interesting it’ll be to see how TPJ goes if he does come down.
I mean, under Wayne, probably solidly.

In a world where we aren’t paying anything close to market value for him, it’s probably an excellent buy.

All you are going to need from his is a solid bench stint each week.

Better than Keppie, Havili, and Shaq, and one of those guys is in the 17 as we speak.

If we’re paying anything close to market value, then obviously it’s a hard pass.

I think that TPJ and Mamo could be a lethal combination.
I don't know about Mamo but TPJ is a must signing for us now that Tom's moving on. He will provide as much, if not more impact from the bench and better still has a great offload in his arsenal. I get the hate because of his previous form ,but no one can deny just how good this guy can and will be if Wayne gets him firing ,which I'm quite sure will happen.

I don't know about Mamo but TPJ is a must signing for us now that Tom's moving on. He will provide as much, if not more impact from the bench and better still has a great offload in his arsenal. I get the hate because of his previous form ,but no one can deny just how good this guy can and will be if Wayne gets him firing ,which I'm quite sure will happen.
My one issue with TPJ is he previously had some dodgy associations with illegal motor cycle games. As they are called in Qld. I hope he doesn't bring any crap influences into our playing group. I am sure WB can keep him in line but to me it should be in the back of the admins mind.

Yeah, spilled milk.

Every time I see a 40/20 being kicked I think of Reynolds , moronically, overstepping the 40m line by centimetres in tne closing stages 😰😰🤬🤬🤬😰😰😁

Latest posts

Back