• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Being a tough/great player doesnt mean you will be a great coach. Just ask the likes of Wally Lewis. Sam is off to a nice start but has a long way to go.

Justin Holbrook? You would take a guy that did nothing with the Titans over a proven winner and someone the playing group clearly respects in Wayne Bennett?

Or a premiership winner in Madge?

Sorry i cant take that suggestion seriously, surely you are taking the piss!
So we can get the same situation as we have now post Bennet.

Surely you are taking the piss.

Holebrook got the Tits to the finals and if they passed instead of throwing the dummy They would have progressed a week further.
That’s a great achievement in itself.

The Madge era is done and dusted.

Another asshat telling lies.

Souths never got rid of Reynolds for Ilias.

The plan was for Ilias to come in slowly and be mentored by Reynolds.

When Reynodls chose the Broncos over us that plan went out the window and we got ilias as full time 7 by default.

All this depite the fact Reynolds now takes a 1 year extention to help the Broncos retain and mentor Ezra Mam.

But that idiot who wrote the article won't mention the facts.

When Reynodls chose the Broncos over us that plan went out the window and we got ilias as full time 7 by default.

All this depite the fact Reynolds now takes a 1 year extention to help the Broncos retain and mentor Ezra Mam.

Maybe you should include the fact that Reynolds got that one year extension after 3 years at the Broncos. If we hadn't been dumb and disrespectful in offering only a one year contract then things might have been different. Do you still think Reynolds would be playing now if he'd stayed to get one year top ups?

I'm mostly in agreement with a lot of what you say but this Reynolds spin gives me the shits.

Bennett couldn't get us a premiership because of injuries and suspensions. JD hasn't been able to get us a premiership because of injuries and suspensions. Is there a common theme there or do people have their eyes closed ? Making the finals and bowing out and not making the finals is exactly the same result in the trophy cabinet.
That is one of the dumber things I have read…..sounds like something from Talladaga nights “If you ain’t first your last…”

Maybe you should include the fact that Reynolds got that one year extension after 3 years at the Broncos. If we hadn't been dumb and disrespectful in offering only a one year contract then things might have been different. Do you still think Reynolds would be playing now if he'd stayed to get one year top ups?

I'm mostly in agreement with a lot of what you say but this Reynolds spin gives me the shits.

The Reynolds spin gives me the shits too, some common ground?

Don't know what him being there 3 years has to do with signing one year. He was at Souths for years when we made him an offer too, so what?

The Reynolds spin gives me the shits too, some common ground?

Don't know what him being there 3 years has to do with signing one year. He was at Souths for years when we made him an offer too, so what?
My point is pretty ****ing obvious.

That is one of the dumber things I have read…..sounds like something from Talladaga nights “If you ain’t first your last…”
Did we make the finals in JD's first year ? Did we win the comp with Bennett? Did we win the comp with JD ? Will both those times in our history be remembered ? The answer to all the above is no it will not be remembered. So what I said makes perfect sense. If this year turns around which I think it just might will all the people calling for Bennett or another coach to come in be silenced ? Probably not, unless we win the comp which Bennett failed to do in his previous run at it as plenty of coaches also failed to do. I'm also not sold on this blaming JD caper. If our players can hold the ball and get completion rates around 75 to 80% I'm pretty sure we'll be more than compatible of winning more than we lose. Is the coach putting soap on their hands before they run onto the field ?

Last edited:

Fact is you’re writing your own version of history.

JD backed the wrong pony mate .

Where is your reply? You stated I was writing my own version.

It's a fair question to ask how am I doing this when everything I have quoted is recorded fact.

Don't just gibber, talk.

Wayne Bennett is the best coach off contract.

100% he’s your target. Forgot 2-3 years time. You can only plan for the future and nothing is a certainty.

We went with the best rookie in Madge and guess how long that long term plan provided? 3-4 years. At that point if fell off a cliff.

If you get Bennett for 3 seasons, that’s 3 seasons you make finals and build to a premiership.

It’s a no brainer, don’t over think it. Don’t get caught up on 2028. Wayne Bennett is as good a guarantee of performance as you are going to get. Take it.

Wayne might help attract some good players which is another bonus but I'm also weary of re-signing him again due to age and then will have to find another new coach again, he recommended JD as well.

But at the time I wish we didn't just say 3 years and that's it, think Bennett would have stayed longer.

Back