• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Mate think about the Wozzas and Broncos game,turning point was that farcical try with not one but two forward passes being invisible to the officials.
An opportunity to advance the game in NZ blown by incompetence or corruption!
Unbelievable!
Sadly it has become so blatant now days

I have watched the Wozzas whenever I could all season,the bias against them is really pisspoor!

If Keon stays, I just hope we don't end up paying overs for him.
The club has shown no interest in paying overs for edge backrowers to date.

They let Crichton move on. They let Sua move on. They even cut Britt, Sironen and Johns when the ask was above what they valued them as.

I don’t think we have much to fear re: them breaking the budget to retain Keaon.

They’ll be fair, and it will be up to Keaon.

As a long time souths supporter if that were true he has gone to easts,that would be the end of the game for me because it would show how corrupt the game now is.for what its worth imy gut feeling is he is gone i think it would have anounced if he were staying
Why ? It’s the salary cap, you prioritise and Keon imo is behind Murray, Arrow. Penrith lose Kikau, Leniu, Crichton and others and they roll-on and as we should

Why ? It’s the salary cap, you prioritise and Keon imo is behind Murray, Arrow. Penrith lose Kikau, Leniu, Crichton and others and they roll-on and as we should
Big difference is that they have the players coming though to fill those holes. Do we?

Chricton will be replaced by May, they signed Gardener and Hoskins for Kikua, what Leniu brings will be harder to replace

We have already let go of Sele, so who replaces Keaon? Chee Kam? Host that’s a massive downgrade

You only let players go when you can fill that void

We are weak for edges as it is

Our lack of signings is an issue.
If we make it to round 1 without any additions we can talk. As has been said elsewhere, the market is doing nothing at the moment. Let’s wait and see how they fill the 2-3 spots left in the squad.

If we make it to round 1 without any additions we can talk. As has been said elsewhere, the market is doing nothing at the moment. Let’s wait and see how they fill the 2-3 spots left in the squad.
Common sense? Seriously, stop
So much better with all the hand wringing and management slamming

Latrell Mitchell, Cody Walker, Cameron Murray, Jack Wighton, Jai Arrow, Tom Burgess, Damien Cook, Campbell Graham.

That's 8 rep quality players all on very good coin. 4 of them probably on close to top coin for their position.

Add guys like Koloamatangi and Tatola to that list to, and I don't see how we have much room to move in the cap, other than replacing moneyball players with other moneyball players.

I don't think the problem is with the quality of players we have, rather our ability to perform with the talent we already have at our disposal.

Latrell Mitchell, Cody Walker, Cameron Murray, Jack Wighton, Jai Arrow, Tom Burgess, Damien Cook, Campbell Graham.

That's 8 rep quality players all on very good coin. 4 of them probably on close to top coin for their position.

Add guys like Koloamatangi and Tatola to that list to, and I don't see how we have much room to move in the cap, other than replacing moneyball players with other moneyball players.

I don't think the problem is with the quality of players we have, rather our ability to perform with the talent we already have at our disposal.
Certainly truth in that.

But a Turner, Tass, Everingham type on the edge and wing would be great for us.

Putting all our apples in the Thomspon/Munro cart is dangerous. You need a depth piece there.

Likewise, adding an edge and hoping one of them, Host, Chee Kam, or a player shifting positions can help Koloamatangi out would be ideal.

We’ve certainly already recruited our top tier talent. We’ve been good at that despite rhetoric the other way.

It’s developing the guys beneath the current crop and making a few astute additions - along with, as you said, getting guys performing that will make the difference.

Why ? It’s the salary cap, you prioritise and Keon imo is behind Murray, Arrow. Penrith lose Kikau, Leniu, Crichton and others and they roll-on and as we

Because no way can easts be under the cap if they were to sign him,or are we the only ones who play the game bye the rules

Back