• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lachlan Ilias

I don't get people that post things like Braith having his panties in a bunch, or he is upset etc..

Braith is his manager and should always be "bad cop" and do the right thing by his client. He has a legal obligation to do so.

But is running off to the club and moaning in the media the best for the kid?
Thats up to Braith but I'd suggest he stays and fights and sees out his contract. Prove himself. If I was his faher, let alone the manager

Hope he stays. Off the bench would cover a lot of positions. If he had a starting spot maybe Lock, hooker, sorry Pete fans or tacking machine second rower if he wants to bulk up. If he stays Wayne will work him out. Cone on Lachie stay here

I don't get people that post things like Braith having his panties in a bunch, or he is upset etc..

Braith is his manager and should always be "bad cop" and do the right thing by his client. He has a legal obligation to do so.
It's his inability to separate his agenda as a manager and agenda as a media personality.

No, he has a legal responsibility to look after the best interests of his client.

Not go sooking on NRL360 or posting stupid comments on Insta.

Both of those, it could be argued are not in the best interests of his client.

Bwaith needs to grow up and stop acting like a spoilt child.

Lachie has had 18 months in first grade so I don't know what the issue is. He has shown zero improvement. I've seen inprovement in Peter first grade game in the three he has played. Lachie may go on to be an amazing halfback but I have seen nothing in his game to suggest he will be. I know you are saying Pete has had longer in reserves grade but a game is a game. He missed development due to covid just like ilias and they have bith has the same games since returning whether it is first grade or reserve should not matter. It's being used as an excuse for ilias poor form. Wraith used it even though Pete has shown more in three games then Lachie has in a year and a half.
Way to miss the point.

Of course there is a difference between reserve grade and 1st grade. Like it's a night and day sort of difference.

Working on your game in the intensity of first grade is a far more difficult proposition than doing it in Reggies - where we've got Buddy Gordon still pulling on the boots for God's sake.

It's why Dean looks like a world beater in Reggies and struggled to put his mark on the game in 1sts.

I get it - you don't like Lachy, good for you.

But your lionising of Pete, based on his few games in1st grade, where he's struggled with the pace of the game is a bit OTT. I happen to think he has improved as well, but he has issues in his game that will need to be worked on...in - you guessed it, reserve grade.

Way to miss the point.

Of course there is a difference between reserve grade and 1st grade. Like it's a night and day sort of difference.

Working on your game in the intensity of first grade is a far more difficult proposition than doing it in Reggies - where we've got Buddy Gordon still pulling on the boots for God's sake.

It's why Dean looks like a world beater in Reggies and struggled to put his mark on the game in 1sts.

I get it - you don't like Lachy, good for you.

But your lionising of Pete, based on his few games in1st grade, where he's struggled with the pace of the game is a bit OTT. I happen to think he has improved as well, but he has issues in his game that will need to be worked on...in - you guessed it, reserve grade.
My point remains. If Pete had 18 months to develop in first grade he would have made so much more progress then he has. He is stuck behind cook.

Lachie has had his chance. Show him the door. I'm over the covid excuse.

No, he has a legal responsibility to look after the best interests of his client.

Not go sooking on NRL360 or posting stupid comments on Insta.

Both of those, it could be argued are not in the best interests of his client.

Bwaith needs to grow up and stop acting like a spoilt child.
Yeah, and asking to shop around before Nov deadline rule is doing the right thing lol.

Some of you just want to sook for the sake of sooking.

He's doing the best for lachy, who didn't get the development he needed. Prob would have been a different player under a better coach.

To be honest i think he gets so much negativity here is because he played for the Roosters, seems a decent fella and was a good player in his day but the Roosters stint will always stain him for some, i myself admire how he sticks up for Lachy..
Yeah, and asking to shop around before Nov deadline rule is doing the right thing lol.

He's doing the best for lachy, who didn't get the development he needed. Prob would have been a different player under a better coach.

Last edited:

You’re conflating the two points though.

Asking for a release for Lachy is absolutely the right thing to do.

Confusing his roles, leaking private conversations and sooking on NRL 360 or Insta aren’t. It’s pretty clear if you stop to think about it.

I’m not sooking about Bwaith. My disdain for him has been evident for years.

Ever since he turned his back on Souths actually.

Latest posts

Back