• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lachlan Ilias

RabbitJ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Height:184 cm
Date of Birth:
9-May-00​
Weight:85 kg
Birthplace:Sydney, NSW
Nickname:Lachie

This thread is for all general discussion relating to Lachlan Ilias.

Lachie is in for a big year one way or another.

His first season was solid without being spectacular.

This year I hope he is given some greater responsibility leading the team around the park and focuses more on his kicking game (both short and long).

I hope he continues his development - he is slowly getting better and I hope we see him kicking a bit more. I seem to remember that, in the lower grades, he had a good grubber and got a few try assists.

Cheers

I think he was well beyond 'solid' last year. It takes the right kind of stuff to step into the huge shoes of Adam Reynolds in your rookie year and guide your team to a preliminary final.

Both Cooper Cronk and Andrew Johns have mentioned in their commentary that the areas in his game that can improve are all coachable things, and things that will improve with experience. The other stuff that you need - physicality, mental toughness, level headedness, etc - he already has.

Looking forward to seeing his continuing development in 2023.

Last edited:
I think he was well beyond 'solid' last year. It takes the right kind of stuff to step into the huge shoes of Adam Reynolds in your rookie year and guide your team to a preliminary final.

Both Cooper Cronk and Andrew Johns have mentioned in their commentary that the areas in his game that can improve are all coachable things, and things that will improve with experience. The other stuff that you need - physicality, mental toughness, level headedness, etc - he already has.

Looking forward to seeing his continuing development in 2023.
I'm not sure that Lachlan "guided" the team to a preliminary final. In the home and away games we underperformed but redeemed ourselves with a solid finals performance. I would rate Lachlan's season as showing a lot of potential - most halfbacks need a while to settle in. He had the benefit of a strong pack and as well as Cody outside him - ditto for this year. He's not flashy but Lachlan can really take on the line, can set up his outside men and has a decent grubber kick. With a full season under his belt I think we'll see him go up a level.

That's just what we need to put the icing on the premiership cake

Cheers

Anyone think that when Cody retires Lachy will go to 5/8 and Jye Gray to halfback?

Latest posts

Back