• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lachlan Ilias

Souths need to keep Ilias .....

1) he should be competing for half/ 5/8/bench and possible hooker

Cook and Walker are on their last legs for 2025 ( at the moment looks like 2024).

Hawkins is a NO , Dodd has a positive ? , Gray has a first line defensive ?

2) 2024 injuries highlights the need for quality backups in the halves

3) Injuries/suspensions and discipline combined LM , Walker and Cook have been our disappointments in 2024 , dropping Ilias was the first shakeup easy out for JD.

The club were right to let him look elsewhere.

That’s fair for a young player like him who you’ve signed under the pretence of being your halfback, once you decided to go elsewhere.

If he decides the grass isn’t greener and he’d like to stay (and we can accommodate him amongst other plans in the cap), then great.

100% agree you should have a guy you are comfortable with playing 7 as a backup in your system.

Signing a left side 7 in Dodd is another reason insurance would be good.

If it’s not Ilias it should be someone else.

Just a matter of cap space.

And I’d be trying to keep Hawkins on a dev deal FWIW.

He’s a great foil for players you might want to develop in NSW Cup, and is a solid enough backup, backup 7. That might even be selling him short TBF. If Wayne backed him to be the backup 7 I wouldn’t argue. If, that is.

Cook and Walker are on their last legs for 2025 ( at the moment looks like 2024).

3) Injuries/suspensions and discipline combined LM , Walker and Cook have been our disappointments in 2024 , dropping Ilias was the first shakeup easy out for JD.
I think you will find that he played 5/8 for Trinity, and was picked at centre for the Australian Schoolboys team. He was then graded at Balmain.

The club has signed Pete as the 9 going forward and has done nothing wrong in his first grade games. And he had the same issues with Covid that everyone is using to defend Illias.

The club has signed Pete as the 9 going forward and has done nothing wrong in his first grade games. And he had the same issues with Covid that everyone is using to defend Illias.
Do not understand your point.

I like Pete , however to say he has done nothing wrong , is a very positive statement , however he has done as much Right as Ilias , who has not done much wrong. Both are great backups , neither is Origin material , which is what a top 4 side should have for their spine material .......Origin material not neccessarily picked in the Origin team.

I like Pete , however to say he has done nothing wrong , is a very positive statement , however he has done as much Right as Ilias , who has not done much wrong. Both are great backups , neither is Origin material , which is what a top 4 side should have for their spine material .......Origin material not neccessarily picked in the Origin team.
Pete has played at 9 for years and years and people want to manufacture a 9 out of ilias because he didn't make it at halfback.

Lachie has been disappointing to say the least.Pete should be in the team not Cook.
Watch how Pete sets up his supports,smart player!

No, he didn't.

Lachlan didn't get to hone his craft in reserve grade because the competition shut down for 2 years.

Pete has had the benefit of playing reserve grade for 18-24 months to hone his skills.

Something that seems to get forgotten in this debate.

No, he didn't.

Lachlan didn't get to hone his craft in reserve grade because the competition shut down for 2 years.

Pete has had the benefit of playing reserve grade for 18-24 months to hone his skills.

Well he is going to have plenty more years to hone his craft in reserve grade now

No, he didn't.

Lachie has had 18 months in first grade so I don't know what the issue is. He has shown zero improvement. I've seen inprovement in Peter first grade game in the three he has played. Lachie may go on to be an amazing halfback but I have seen nothing in his game to suggest he will be. I know you are saying Pete has had longer in reserves grade but a game is a game. He missed development due to covid just like ilias and they have bith has the same games since returning whether it is first grade or reserve should not matter. It's being used as an excuse for ilias poor form. Wraith used it even though Pete has shown more in three games then Lachie has in a year and a half.

I can tell you that Lachy has the fortitude.

It’s Anasta whose panties are in a bunch.
I don't get people that post things like Braith having his panties in a bunch, or he is upset etc..

Braith is his manager and should always be "bad cop" and do the right thing by his client. He has a legal obligation to do so.

Latest posts

Back