• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lachlan Ilias

I watch every nrl360 episode. He has not been bagging the club. He's been critical of the coach and players, they are not the club and they are fair game.

He actually stays quite quiet most of the time as he has a client contracted to the club.

He's said a ton of positive things about the club that his uncle George Piggins loves and saved. He might not be a fan like us, but he doesn't hate us. It's a friendly rivalry.

Regarding him tipping south's or bulldogs he played for bulldogs and roosters. Of course he's going to go for his old club. He tips roosters and bulldogs all the time.

Some of you need a tin foil hat.
He’s been critical. At one point a few weeks ago saying it wasn’t JD he and Kent were referring to at ‘the club’. So can only assume he means Solly, one of the football dept, or Russell.

He’s also stated he has no love for Souths. We boo’d him and gave him shit the whole second half of his career and he remembers. Despite him having friends at the club and juniors.

And I think the session on Dodd tonight was incredibly agenda driven. Which is his and their prerogative. It was buried in the run of show for starters. Then it was almost entirely about Souths solving the wrong problems, who’s making the decisions? Nobody? What happens if the saviour doesn’t perform? Poor Lachie, what a great guy he is, the club hasn’t developed him appropriately, etc.

Between Gray and Dodd we have better halves prospect than Ilias

He’s a tough kid without the skill of a half

We don’t have another 3 years to develop him. His a victim of JDs inability to develop talent

For the first time since Wayne has left the club has started making tough decisions

What’s that telling everyone

Between Gray and Dodd we have better halves prospect than Ilias

He’s a tough kid without the skill of a half

We don’t have another 3 years to develop him. His a victim of JDs inability to develop talent

For the first time since Wayne has left the club has started making tough decisions

What’s that telling everyone
Lachy might make it at 6, but from what I have seen he is an average halfback in this comp kicking game inconsistent not a game manager got quite a number of errors in him too.

It seems whoever is taking over next year does not rate Lachy at 7 like I don’t and only wants him as a depth option. Mind you it was JD, Solly, Ello, Schafer that threw Lachy to the wolves by bringing in a 7 that isn’t a game manager and has an average kicking game.

This is completely untrue. He has a soft spot for south's. He will always pick roosters over south's but he still has time for the club. There is no agenda with him against south's, he's very professional.
When everything happened with Sam you could see the difference with Braith toward Souths. Right now he doesn’t have a soft spot for Souths. If and when Sam comes back then we will see a change in that. The latest with Ilias will only take him further away.

He's been very professional with regards to his public comments on lachy on nrl360 for years as a tv presenter.

He's been very supportive of the club since getting the 360 gig.

He didn't say illias was being told to move on. He said illias is free to look around. There is a big difference.
He has been making comments about ilias demotion. How can he possibly be impartial with his.comments? He can't.

He may be a nice bloke but he is having trouble distinguishing between his role as a manager and a tv presenter. If he emailed the club why is it now being reported on 360 that illias was told to move on.
It wasn’t.

I watched it, as I wanted to see how they handled the K*nt thing…of course they ignored it.

Braith said…”I emailed the club today and they confirmed he’s free to look elsewhere”.

Putting aside the farcical situation of one of the broadcasters of the NRL’s premier shows having a player manager as host, I feel for Lachy.

There’s a 1st grade footballer there no doubt. He’s at least a level above Dean Hawkins (which may be damning with faint praise).

He wasn’t developed, which is a real shame.

I still think he could replace Cody at 5/8 or Damien at hooker.

But I also get why Bwaith will look to get him a deal elsewhere…it’s his job.

It wasn’t.

I watched it, as I wanted to see how they handled the K*nt thing…of course they ignored it.

Braith said…”I emailed the club today and they confirmed he’s free to look elsewhere”.

Putting aside the farcical situation of one of the broadcasters of the NRL’s premier shows having a player manager as host, I feel for Lachy.

There’s a 1st grade footballer there no doubt. He’s at least a level above Dean Hawkins (which may be damning with faint praise).

No issue with him doing his jib but ni doubt lachy gets more airplay. Players are dropped and release all the time and it's no more then a mention

It wasn’t.

That's not what was said -

"“And I said, I wanted to know straight away so that I can... If we need to move on, if I need to find him a club or, you know, I want to know ASAP, I sent a formal email this morning to say, can you give me permission to negotiate with other clubs and received one in return by lunchtime.

“So he’s free to negotiate with clubs as we speak.”

That's not what was said -

"“And I said, I wanted to know straight away so that I can... If we need to move on, if I need to find him a club or, you know, I want to know ASAP, I sent a formal email this morning to say, can you give me permission to negotiate with other clubs and received one in return by lunchtime.

“So he’s free to negotiate with clubs as we speak.”
Which is what I said in a lot less words.

You are right though…should have said “paraphrased”.

My point was he “is free to look…”,
Rather than “told to look…”.

Big difference.

It's a bad look from manager and player, in my opinion, and would scare me off a little if I were a recruiter for another club.

I guess it's a pitfall of having a manager in so high profile a position and able to express his views 3 nights a week on prime time television, yet...

To me it shows a sign of a player who, if bad form warrants being dropped, or he gets lumped with genuine competition for his spot, will down tools and sook for a release.

Latest posts

Back