• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lachlan Ilias

So with the signing of Lewis Dodd pretty much all but done, does anyone think Ilias could make a good 9 and is he better than Mamouzelos?

So with the signing of Lewis Dodd pretty much all but done, does anyone think Ilias could make a good 9 and is he better than Mamouzelos?
Anything is possible.

We saw Hunt go 7, then 9, then back to 7 and establishing himself.

Lachie just needs to get better and play good footy. The rest takes care of itself.

Whether he’s playing 7 or another position here, or 7 elsewhere.

Agree that he does seem to have the attributes that could make a good 9. Defends well, has some size, passes well, isn’t likely to get in the way of an attack with selfish play, has some kicking.

There’s a good chance he might be playing in the halves at the roosters next year

There’s a good chance he might be playing in the halves at the roosters next year
Highly doubt it. Easts will promote Sandon Smith and have a few talented halves through the grades.

More likely he goes to Canterbury with Anasta’s connection there.

There’s no way he should be released. At worst, he’s the back up half if the English fella doesn’t work out.
You're right and I hope they stand firm, but if he wants to go I doubt the club will stand in his way. They just signed a 7, so unless they can dangle another carrot as far as first grade selection at him, I reckon we've got no chance of keeping him.

I’ve been a staunch defender of Lachy but if it’s a true he and Anasta can **** right off.
Weak as piss IF running away is how he’s going to handle it 🤮

Yep Lachy been told free to look elsewhere.

Personally I think he’s better than Hawkins but not our long term 7 for mine not what we need.

He had about 55 games and couldn’t do enough to keep the spot.

Hopefully Dodd is the organiser and game manager we need at 7 begause you can’t get anywhere in the NRL consistently without a quality 7

Relax on posting rumour as fact.

I've been told to my face by an NRL head coach before that a certain player was coming to that club only for him to sign elsewhere.

Noone outside of a handful know anything.

I'd be very surprised if our club is telling him to look elsewhere, especially with him lied up with a broken leg. If he goes it will be Anasta making the first move.

I don’t believe Lachy will make it as a top NRL half
However I do like the idea of tying to develop him as a hooker.

If the scuttlebutt is true, I’m kind of impressed that they aren’t keeping Lachie around. They’re essentially hoping to get that money to pay Dodd. Which isn’t hedging your bets. It’s making a definitive decision.

Might be the wrong decision (probably not), but it does show an ability to make a choice and move on.

Back