• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Keaon Koloamatangi

No offence

We didn’t actually go after Cleary too hard in the GF under Wayne either

We still do a lot of the things we did under Wayne. When he was here our line speed wasn’t great our wrestle poor as was our ability to stop the offload

Wayne likes letting teams roll downfield and the just defend the line. He prefers not to give away penalties rather than get off the line early, get numbers in the tackle and slow the PTB and attack the kicker

It’s why he won’t win another comp in the salary cap era

But he definitely will fix some of our issues
We didn't go hard after Cronk when he was injured either

Thing is, Keaon’s been rolling out this tripe for a while now. Never gets dropped. Him, Walker and Mitchell are untouchable. No matter how bad they’re going or how little effort they show, they’re automatic selections for next week.

Keaon would be my first player asked to leave.

Show we are serious that lack of effort isn't rewarded.

He is by far and away the biggest disappointment for me.

When he was off contract i said I didn't want us to get in a bidding war him and spend overs on him.

But i also think he is poorly coached, he isn't an 80 minute player but is constantly playing 80 mins each game.

He doesn't have the motor.

Put Keaon in a top 8 squad culture and he’s a star.

I liked what I saw of him in the middle. Not sure why they would ask him to play a 72minute role. Get that back to 2 stints and a breather, along with a good coach and team environment where they’re focussing on the right stuff, and Keaon is a winner.

This idea that the answer to turning the ship around is to jettison all your stars, it’s barking up the wrong tree. The stars are the ones that are going to turn this around once a competent coach is put in charge (and I’m not talking about an existing internal caretaker, I’m talking the replacement full time coach).

Put Keaon in a top 8 squad culture and he’s a star.

I liked what I saw of him in the middle. Not sure why they would ask him to play a 72minute role. Get that back to 2 stints and a breather, along with a good coach and team environment where they’re focussing on the right stuff, and Keaon is a winner.

This idea that the answer to turning the ship around is to jettison all your stars, it’s barking up the wrong tree. The stars are the ones that are going to turn this around once a competent coach is put in charge (and I’m not talking about an existing internal caretaker, I’m talking the replacement full time coach).
In Keaons case I think it’s lack of competition. Even at 70% he’s better than our other options and he knows it.

Needs a few blokes behind him snapping at his heels. This is where I don’t understand the Tallis Duncan treatment. Teach him to play an edge and have him sitting behind Keaon. Then he’d have to stay on his toes.

Thing is, Keaon’s been rolling out this tripe for a while now. Never gets dropped. Him, Walker and Mitchell are untouchable. No matter how bad they’re going or how little effort they show, they’re automatic selections for next week.
Spot on. I don’t offer excuses like others.
Considering his size and potential, he’s a major disappointment.

Never takes a tough run deep out of our own end. Evident again v Melbourne.

Lazy player…

Spot on. I don’t offer excuses like others.
Considering his size and potential, he’s a major disappointment.

Never takes a tough run deep out of our own end. Evident again v Melbourne.

Lazy player…
Without torturing myself with the replay, I recall some hard runs from the kick off in the 2nd half but I get your point ….and agree

Koloa has definitely come off the boil and deserved a spell in NSW Cup. The problem has been that all of the gap fillers who would ordinarily get promoted are already in the 17. He’s effectively gotten away with tardiness for that reason plus the fact that the coach has obviously allowed the standards to drop. I couldn’t imagine a Bennett or Bellamy putting up with this situation.

He got a weird style alcoholics anonymous rounds of applause pre-season for coming in the fittest he has ever been.

Imagine he wasn't fit!!!

He’d shine playing with while guys like Sam Burgess and co in the pack. Guys who bring the hard edge and do the dirty work.

Since we don’t have anyone remotely close to that he’s getting shown up as a flat track bully.

Our starting edges were Host and Chee Kam for goodness sakes.

His hit ups are ineffective. He has developed a little jink in his run when hitting the ball up. It hurts his momentum and he is easily contained at the line. Compared to how he hit the line in the past, it is disappointing to see.

He does come to life in the opposition 30.

Would be good to get a coach that can remind he, Mitchell, and a few others that getting out of our 30 is equally as important.

Back