• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

JD Sacked

There can be any number of contractual or other issues that are preventing an immediate change.

There may be issues with a replacement.

There may be other decisions to be made first, eh management changes etc.

There may be “high performance” changes first.

Or it could be as simple as they now Storm and Penrith are going to be tough, so make the change when the opportunity looks better.

Anyone calling Nick Pappas an idiot and not knowing what he’s doing is laughable.

I’ll ride it out and see what happens before screaming like a 4 year who lost their lollies
I think the Storm and Penrith games will give Solly the perfect justification for saying that JD has come to the end of the road.

I'm afraid to say that barring a miracle, this season is over.

There is no way we are going to find a top-line coach in the short term - we'll probably have to wait till next season. So even if JD does go - and I suspect that will happen if we lose our next couple of game - his replacement will probably be a caretaker coach who is already involved with the club.

I'm afraid to say that barring a miracle, this season is over.

There is no way we are going to find a top-line coach in the short term - we'll probably have to wait till next season. So even if JD does go - and I suspect that will happen if we lose our next couple of game - his replacement will probably be a caretaker coach who is already involved with the club.
Hence the approach to Mal Meninga, unofficially of course.

It was very clear mid last year that once the Wayne glow wore off, JD was another in the long line of very good assistant Coach's who has proven to not 1st grade standard. Think Barrett, Cartwright, hell go back to Shaun McCrea who was for years the Aust ass. coach...... some are just not up to it. He simply has to go.

I'll tell you what I don't like about the JD situation, and that is that Souths appear to be doing nothing.

In my role I quite often have to make the final decision on if we fire someone, and it can be tough making these decisions at times,

But I will consider all aspects of the situation and make a decision, one way or the other, then act on it.

Souths need to either back him and say you have the full season, or march him out the door asap.
I just don't get this hanging in limbo business, not knowing and not showing any leadership.

It provides nothing for the players, the fans don't see light at the end of the tunnel because we don't know what the plan is.

Show some leadership, take some action one way or the other and move this club on before we become even worse.

Could'nt agree more Daque. I am sure the club is working to fix this but the fans and other outsiders are seeing nothing. It is totally unacceptable and we need to see some action. An entire season the way it is now will have long term ramifications in many areas such as player retention and signings. sponsorship and membership. At least be seen to be doing something

I'll tell you what I don't like about the JD situation, and that is that Souths appear to be doing nothing.

In my role I quite often have to make the final decision on if we fire someone, and it can be tough making these decisions at times,

But I will consider all aspects of the situation and make a decision, one way or the other, then act on it.

Souths need to either back him and say you have the full season, or march him out the door asap.
I just don't get this hanging in limbo business, not knowing and not showing any leadership.

It provides nothing for the players, the fans don't see light at the end of the tunnel because we don't know what the plan is.

Show some leadership, take some action one way or the other and move this club on before we become even worse.
100%, I think that's the key. Outwardly at the very least, we need to show some leadership and cahoona's one way or the other (although a change is surely the only real option?)

I stayed away in a hotel on Anzac Day last night due to work today.

Didn't take the hours owed to me to drive to the hotel and away from one of the greatest days of the year because I wanted to watch the game last night and not wake stupid early to get to site today.

I did my work and had no idea what was going on in the outside world.

I got home, got the phone out and couldn't find an article about Souths sacking JD and by **** it felt almost as bad as last night.

I agree - you just can’t keep trotting him out for pre games and post games and with the same questions about his future- he is just stinking up the joint.

Jd clearly has no idea

He makes a statement with dropping Cook

Peter does a better job in my opinion and should of remain at hooker instead after the bye he starts Cook over Peter

Just one example on why he shouldn’t be a first grade coach and I said this last year we should have never re signed this guy.

The fact we didn't call a press conference for 10am this morning speaks volumes.

He should have been given his marching orders at 9am today, and the press informed at 10am.

What are they waiting for? A board meeting? Use your ****ing mobile phones and make the bloody decision.

Waiting for after the Panthers game. Apparently the interim coach they have has refused until after that game.

Was going to do it after the Sharks game but then saw the first 2 games as the Storm and Panthers and said **** that. 😜

Waiting for after the Panthers game. Apparently the interim coach they have has refused until after that game.

Was going to do it after the Sharks game but then saw the first 2 games as the Storm and Panthers and said **** that. 😜
Is that true? Surely not….

Latest posts

Back