• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

JD Sacked

I’d love to know what the club thinks is going to change in the next 2 weeks that hasnt happened in the past near 12 months (including a whole pre season dedicated to working it out!).

Mind boggling…
One thing would be Meninga having his planned holiday.

There can be any number of contractual or other issues that are preventing an immediate change.

There may be issues with a replacement.

There may be other decisions to be made first, eh management changes etc.

There may be “high performance” changes first.

Or it could be as simple as they now Storm and Penrith are going to be tough, so make the change when the opportunity looks better.

Anyone calling Nick Pappas an idiot and not knowing what he’s doing is laughable.

I’ll ride it out and see what happens before screaming like a 4 year who lost their lollies

Anyone calling Nick Pappas an idiot and not knowing what he’s doing is laughable.

I’ll ride it out and see what happens before screaming like a 4 year who lost their lollies

Sonic, do you like cuppa chups😜

I think we’re like 5 wins and 19 losses since last year. Which is pretty much puts us as a bottom 3 club and maybe in a spoon position.

This is a results based business and for a club like ours totally unacceptable.

I’ve quite liked JD at times over the years but you can’t keep a job based on this run. Unfortunate but it’s the way it is.

I doubt he’s keeping his job.

A delay in pulling the trigger because the immediate alternative isn’t better, is not a decision to not pull the trigger.

There are currently zero vacancies as an NRL head coach for 2025. It’s not a coaches market right now.

The club’s only impetus to act now (like right now), is performance becoming uncompetitive. At that point you would drop the axe and install a caretaker (remember, bar JT at the Eels, that has never proved a positive move from a results point of view for a club).

We were competitive on the weekend.

That doesn’t mean JD is coach next year, just next week.

Can anyone pinpoint the moment our club became satisfied with mediocrity?
In the post privatisation era, the club has never accepted mediocrity when it comes to First Grade.

What has happened is that the plan the Football Department came up with about 2-3 years ago, to get our next premiership has failed. In hindsight, they backed the wrong players, recruitment was poor and the coach has not worked out.

I am sure they are planning to fix it. See the above post from poet for what "effort" stands for. It buys the club time to work out future arrangements without the disruption of a sacking at this point in time.

I wouldn’t be surprised if JD stays the rest of the year. Especially if the idea is to bring Wayne back.

We’re paying him anyway and it’s not like there’s a bunch of amazing care taker options out there screaming to be picked up. No one is going to parachute in and turn this ship around.

Most likely they keep JD under the provision that he’s gone next year unless we make finals. Realistically we’re probably officially done in a month anyway.

Gives you time for interviews and further planning.

Would be different if next years coach was available right now.

I'm not in a hurry for a change for changes sake, But...... it just seems the longer we wait, the deeper the hole is that needs to be climbed back out of next year.

I love the idea that the "high performance" LOL team get the arse at the same time, maybe some others in the football department (I don't know enough to have an opinion in that regard, apart from things happened on their shift), along with JD.

Then whoever comes in starts making changes required, and agreed to by the new coach next year. At least then the players get buy in as this years voice speaks for next years voice AND the changes next years voice want have already begun to happen.

Seems like a win win. And, as an added bonus, we might win a few games.

No matter who the coach is for the rest of 2024, I honestly can't see much changing until we have another pre-season. It's too late now. The pooch has been screwed.

You don't get any fitter as the season goes on, nor can you change defensive structures on the fly during a season.

All we could hope for is some John Lang-style all-out attacking footy to play into our strengths.

Sad thing to hope for, but that's where we are at IMO.

no point getting an interim coach at the moment ......too many injuries and our squad needs an overhaul , especially in the halves. our recruitment and injury management has been third class.

in 2021 we had Benji , Reynolds , younger walker , Hawkins , Ilias , nikorima, taafe, troy dragon
in 2024 we have older walker, Hawkins, Ilias ( injured), gray (playing reserves as a fullback)

No matter who the coach is for the rest of 2024, I honestly can't see much changing until we have another pre-season. It's too late now. The pooch has been screwed.

You don't get any fitter as the season goes on, nor can you change defensive structures on the fly during a season.

All we could hope for is some John Lang-style all-out attacking footy to play into our strengths.

Sad thing to hope for, but that's where we are at IMO.
All out attacking footy is our strength?

Latest posts

Back