• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Injury & Judiciary Reports

You can guarantee if Latrell and Cody start carving up against these lesser teams we're now playing Madge will pick them for Origin and we'll be in all sorts of trouble getting a side together.
The only carving up Mitchell will be doing is of a king sized hamburger!
Maguire will know this!😬

On top of all this, both Hawkins and Gray ruled out for six-plus weeks?!! For f**k sake, I want to scream. This is becoming the absolute Season from hell. Nothing is going our way and this is the worst injury list I can remember. They're all long term too. It's carnage, an absolute nightmare.

I am gutted. The Season is already shit, but how the hell are we supposed to compete, perform and try to improve with half our squad out?? It's just about impossible. We're entering the easier part of the draw, where we should start to improve, but any chance of that is already f**ked.

I know some of these injuries have an element of bad luck to them but honestly, our entire high performance staff need to go. These guys are not fit enough and it's making them injury prone. Diabolical. This Season can't get much worse surely.

God.

Aidan Sezer looking at 4-5 weeks for his hip drop on Josh Curran. The consistency of the match review committee
How the heck are the MRC gradings determined - 1 week for the Penrith player while 4 weeks with early guilt plea for Sezer.

That’s more than just inconsistency - it’s absolutely baffling and some would call it injustice.

Aidan Sezer looking at 4-5 weeks for his hip drop on Josh Curran. The consistency of the match review committee
To their credit the panel brought it up at half time and expressed disbelief that Tago gets a week and Sezer gets 4.

Ridiculous.

Good teams get preferential treatment. We're not a good team any more.

Cam's injury should at least keep most of the Pride happy with Duncan coming into the 17. I'd be playing Arrow at 13 with Duncan spelling him from the bench. Arrow can ball play and it's about time we get to see this part of his game. He doesn't need to be used as a battering ram , thus saving him more collisions with his shoulder. Havilli can play prop and take the hit ups.

Im interested as to why people would have Arrow at 13 ahead of Duncan?

One has no future in the 13, one has ‘some?’ future as a 13 (we’re certainly not developing him to play anywhere else at the moment).

I’d start Duncan and then spell him with Arrow, Havili, or one of the hookers. But give him a start and 50-60 minutes and see how he goes.

Im interested as to why people would have Arrow at 13 ahead of Duncan?

One has no future in the 13, one has ‘some?’ future as a 13 (we’re certainly not developing him to play anywhere else at the moment).

I’d start Duncan and then spell him with Arrow, Havili, or one of the hookers. But give him a start and 50-60 minutes and see how he goes.
Because Arrow is the second best 13 in our club and has only been out of that position because of Cam. He's also a superb defender who will need a spell. Duncan has proved nothing at this level and needs to be brought on in spells. The coaching staff have obviously pinpointed flaws in his game that we as couch experts aren't privy too. Looking at the team actually leading the comp today I think we give up on this season at our own peril. Shout me down guys , but I say it how I see it.

Last edited:
Because Arrow is the second best 13 in our club and has only been out of that position because of Cam. He's also a superb defender who will need a spell. Duncan has proved nothing at this level and needs to be brought on in spells. The coaching staff have obviously pinpointed flaws in his game that we as couch experts aren't privy too. Looking at the team actually leading the comp today I think we give up on this season at our own peril. Shout me down guys , but I say it how I see it.
Duncan is a victim of our current coaching scenario.
To say Duncan has proved nothing at this level is embarrassing - nicest way of responding.
a) if he’s done nothing then no one would be calling for his inclusion;
b) Duncan, in his 15-25 minutes off the bench this season, has made more impact than Host, Keppie and Keaon combined!
c) had to laugh -
The coaching staff have obviously pinpointed flaws in his game that we as couch experts aren't privy too.
Pity the coaching staff haven’t pinpointed flaws in the rest of the pack and team!!

As Big Jack used to say, pick your best 13 and then find them a position.

Arrow plays best prop, where he played best at the Titans which attracted Souths’ attention to sign him initially, post Sam.

Go get ‘em Tallis, you’ve got a lot of admirers!

Duncan is a victim of our current coaching scenario.
To say Duncan has proved nothing at this level is embarrassing - nicest way of responding.
a) if he’s done nothing then no one would be calling for his inclusion;
b) Duncan, in his 15-25 minutes off the bench this season, has made more impact than Host, Keppie and Keaon combined!
c) had to laugh -
I think you're drawing a massively long bow there Leigh.

Duncan is young and needs development. That will at times means he drops back to Reggies to work on certain aspects of his game.

One example is that his defence was badly off in the couple of games he played for us this year. The best place to work on that is in Reggies.

And I wouldn't be hanging my hat on "no one would be calling for his inclusion", based on some of the whacky shit that gets written about players on here.

Pity the coaching staff haven’t pinpointed flaws in the rest of the pack and team!!

As Big Jack used to say, pick your best 13 and then find them a position.

Arrow plays best prop, where he played best at the Titans which attracted Souths’ attention to sign him initially, post Sam.

Go get ‘em Tallis, you’ve got a lot of admirers!
Arrow played lock for the Titans. And I agree with Bundy that he'd be playing lock for us except he's got Murray in front of him.

The thing I don't understand from the coaching staff is the persistence with playing Duncan at lock in Reggies. At best he's going to get 20 mins a game, behind Murray. I'd normally assume that they have a strategy I don't understand, but this year...I don't know.

I'd like to see him developed as a second rower, meaning he gets probably 60 minutes a game, and fills a hole for us.

Have Arrow play in the middle, with probably Koloa and have him on the left edge and Host on the right, or vice versa.

He's a good prospect for us and we'll see how he goes again this weekend, which will be the silver lining in the black cloud of losing Murray for 6 - 8 weeks.

i remember years back when Asotasi was captain, we lost 8 in a row with Jason Taylor as coach , yet we made the semis that year, and at one stage we had most of our pack out injured, we had the depth to cover it , but ended up getting the prop from the South Coasts to help out ... it was tough but we did ok

Back