• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Injury & Judiciary Reports

For all those who are looking for answers to our horrendous season look no further. This should also be in the "Trust the administration" thread.

Our injury toll was 150% greater than second on the list Warriors and 305% great than the Panthers and Knights who had the least.

Last edited:
When I look at that I can't help but feel some sympathy towards JD, that is a horrendous toll.

Yeah, I don’t think JD is a bad coach
I think he’s really enthusiastic & will learn from his time at Souths
I think he fell down a bit with his communication & personal skills, I think he’ll improve with maturity as a coach
But back in subject, that injury situation would be enough to cruel anyone

Last edited:
Yeah, I don’t think JD is a bad coach
I think he’s really enthusiastic & will learn from his time at Souths
I think he fell down a bit with his communication & personal skills, I think they’ll improve with maturity as a coach
But back in subject, that injury situation would be enough to cruel anyone

As I said on the stats thread, “If You factor the horrendous draw into those injury stats and it explains a lot. I bet last season was close to the same”

The injury toll under JD wasn’t bad at all. Just had a look at the side we ran out against the Warriors where we were smashed.

He had Latrell, Murray, Tass, Tatola all available as well as Ilias who he had dropped to NSW Cup. Most of the injuries happened after the damage had already been done.

When Ben Hornby had a decent enough side together he was able to go on a 5 game run and win 6 out of 7.

The injuries weren’t an excuse for JD.

Surely there is some correlation between our injury toll and the terrible level of fitness we appeared to have at times.

No, I don’t think we were that unfit
I think due to injuries we were run off our feet
Early in the season The forwards would put in a good set only to see it sent wide & the backs make a break; thus breaking the big fellas hearts & forcing them to turn around every set & pump it out from our end, it was a continuous cycle
I think we improved the defence towards the backend a bit

The injury toll under JD wasn’t bad at all. Just had a look at the side we ran out against the Warriors where we were smashed.

He had Latrell, Murray, Tass, Tatola all available as well as Ilias who he had dropped to NSW Cup. Most of the injuries happened after the damage had already been done.

When Ben Hornby had a decent enough side together he was able to go on a 5 game run and win 6 out of 7.

The injuries weren’t an excuse for JD.
I am confident JD has endured many sleepless nights and what if's since May.

I would love to have a beer with JD and ask him what he learnt from his time as heach coach of South Sydney.

I really thought his apprenticeship was first class. Sadly for everyone it was not enough to ensure success past the PF year one.

I was desperate for JD to be a long term coach of SSSFC. I liked his CV.

I will watch with interest to see how JD performs when he gets another chance at NRL level.

If he does.

Surely there is some correlation between our injury toll and the terrible level of fitness we appeared to have at times.
We just looked ill-prepared across the board.

Ill-prepared athletically, ill-prepared physically, ill-prepared mentally, ill-prepared game plans, the whole gamut.

The number of times I thought to myself this year, "what do these guys do at training all week?"....

Latest posts

Back