• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Has vocal support dropped off?

Who remembers early 2000's at the SCG vs St Merge

Burrow vs Dragons Army.

Wish there was footage of it. Never before seen atmosphere in the NRL, and never again

For me, I work Saturdays and with COVID and the weather I barely feel well enough to even do that most of the time. 2020 was the first year I can remember not attending a game since I was a toddler, so I got to as many of the games in 2021 as I could before the relocation. This year, the only game I've attended was the Dogs game last week and as much as I wanted to go tonight, work had me standing in mud and rain for 6 hours so I will be staying on the couch. Dad still goes to every game and his voice will easily be enough to cover for my absence.

I go to about 10-15 games a year on average for the last decade… best atmosphere for a regular match in Sydney is at Bankwest - stadium is cracking for it

Best sporting atmosphere for regular matches is the Sydney kings - they do a far better job at creating a family environment and making it an all round experience. The ground commentators rev up the crowd, music, lights, video, it’s an all round spectacle. The nrl really just counts on the players and the match to do it - when you have 50k and a packed stage, with a top flight game like origin, sure the game/players are the stars —- during the regular games, you need more than that to ensure you have 25k attending and loving the experience — particularly at a stadium designed for 80k

Better effort from the crowd tonight!

Good job to everyone at Homebush.
Was just 11k but all the diehards were out great to be involved in that South Sydney chant so much tonight!

I was up out of my seat most of the night giving it to Todd Smith he was disgraceful!

Sat in different seats tonight. One bay over (towards halfway) from the burrow. What a difference. Plenty of singing and chanting. What a night!

Sat in different seats tonight. One bay over (towards halfway) from the burrow. What a difference. Plenty of singing and chanting. What a night!
Even Bay 107 was going off tonight mate much more louder than usual!

Crowd was louder last night however 11k for a game vs the storm in a must win game was disappointing.

Don’t know if the solution is moving back to Moore Park, better entertainment or cheaper tickets but something needs to change.

Looking around me, large amount of people where in the their 40s…we are going down a similar path to horse racing of losing a generation that isn’t that interested.

Reactions: VIP
That's a good point kouneli7.

The NRL is going to have to look at how they can better engage young adults in their 20's. Maybe Moore Park will be able solve some of that issue but I do agree it's a challenge they should be contemplating at the moment.

Crowd was louder last night however 11k for a game vs the storm in a must win game was disappointing.

Don’t know if the solution is moving back to Moore Park, better entertainment or cheaper tickets but something needs to change.

Looking around me, large amount of people where in the their 40s…we are going down a similar path to horse racing of losing a generation that isn’t that interested.
I’ve banged on about it for years. The club and NRL don’t do enough to encourage game day attendance.
in saying that, my days of going to the game in the rain are well behind me regardless of who we are playing

Bummed to miss a home victory vs the Storm!!! Stupid covid iso.
You’d have loved it mate much more South Sydney chanting than usual I was encouraging people in my bay to get involved and they did!

I was up out of my seat a lot into Todd Smith boy did I have some things to say to him!

Makes it easier to do when the team is playing well. To be honest didn’t seem like there was that many of us there but did feel like people in the bays around us where joining in.

I think the best song we do (outside of South Sydney) for crowd interaction is “Stand up for the Rabbitohs” (tune of Go West). People get up out of their seats and start clapping.
Crowd was louder last night however 11k for a game vs the storm in a must win game was disappointing
I think the rain during the day put a few people off. I know it didn’t rain from mid afternoon but there was plenty during the day and didn’t look good. More performances like that and we will see a much bigger crowd when we play the Panthers.

It also occurred to me that our fans were aware that the game on the weekend was a big one. Hopefully as we move into the pointy end of the season we continue to turn up in voice.

Latest posts

Back