• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Feels Familiar

2024 is obviously retro year. The following things should happen so we really feel at home.

We get booted out of the comp for next week

We get someone testing positive to drugs.

Cam Murray signs with the Roosters.

We win the spoon.

We sign a shit coach (oh wait)

We sign a player, who plays for us for three weeks before asking for a release and signs with the Roosters.

We sign Tedesco for 1 million starting from 2029.
Who’s taking a dump in Kolos shoe Reggie?

I was much better equipped to deal with these sorts of performances as an optimistic, idealistic teen/20-something. They hit harder as a bitter 40-something.

Absolutely and it’s a dream I share

It does sound a lot like a manager trying to push things along

I doubt though Melbourne would lose both Ponis and Bellamy at the same time

I can see however

1. Bellamy accepting an offer he can’t refuse as he wants one last challenge and knows he’s leaving Melbourne in good hands

2. We secure Ponisi and Bellamy moves to GM of football with Ryles head coach in another year or two

FYI these are my eternal optimist thoughts
Thats the same premise that I’ve had in mind…..it’s sort of backed up by Bellamy’s ‘never say never’ reply to the question around a possible vacancy at Souths. He’d have to be thinking he’s had a great coaching career but the limitation will always be that it was with one club and one club only. OTOH, The Jack Gibson’s and Wayne Bennett‘s have sprinkled their fairy dust around a multitude of clubs. Of course there’s no guarantees of success with a different franchise but the challenge would be the lure, of course plus the money and change of scenery angle.

I was much better equipped to deal with these sorts of performances as an optimistic, idealistic teen/20-something. They hit harder as a bitter 40-something.
I'm the opposite. I took the early 2000s as a late teen/early 20s hard. These days, to borrow a raider-ism, I'm just all "bunch of effing goofs" and get on with my week lol

Holy moley . Great post. I had to google it to remember what happened.
That story was my low point as a Souths member.

Very close to giving it away at that point. Disgusting and disgraceful.

We’ll never be that bad again. Can’t happen.

Maybe a ploy to make Melbourne move to make him head coach sooner leaving Bellamy available? A man’s allowed to dream isn’t he?
We should 100% go after Bellamy and be prepared to pay him more than any coach in history to come.

Even if Cannon-Brookes has to offload a mansion - lets make it happen!

Latest posts

Back