• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Energy Crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scientists said the GBR was dying due to climate change.......they were wrong.

You keep putting up dishonest disinformation. What purpose does this serve? Sheesh!

Last edited:
Andy that is an opinion, remember Al Gore? all the polar ice was meant to be gone years ago, he made multi millions peddling his scare, same for Chris Flannery, remember the dams would never be filled , he took the money peddling his story as well, i am all for renewables if we can do it cheaply and it can handle base load when there is no wind or sun. the polar ice fields are doing just fine.
And a point, if you dont share an opinion it doesnt make you right and able to silence any opposing opinions..
This short clip is on the polar ice..
I don't really want to get too involved in this but can't help point out a couple of things. You present an argument that some scientists deny that man is influencing the climate. If half, or even a quarter of scientists held this view, I could understand, but it is as low as 1%, yet you are presenting it as an equal argument? If I had 99 mechanics telling me I needed a new head gasket and 1 saying I didn't who would I believe?

You talk about fact checking. Well here's a fact check of the providers of one of the videos you posted.
  • Overall, we rate Real Climate Science a Quackery level pseudoscience website as well as a moderate conspiracy website based on promoting that the solutions for climate change lead to communism. We also rate them Low for factual reporting due to failed fact checks and a complete rejection of the consensus of science regarding human-influenced climate change.

See now your trying to make out people are not smart, is it so terrible not everybody agrees with you, a different opinion?, just cant have that can we...
What part of 99% don't some people understand? I guess some people are just not very good at maths.

See now your trying to make out people are not smart, is it so terrible not everybody agrees with you, a different opinion?, just cant have that can we...
No, not at all. You're just not understanding that it is NOT a matter of opinion. The climate crisis is a matter of fact. 99% of scientists worldwide - that's a lot of scientists don't you think? - all concur it is done and dusted. Science proves things. That you like to find examples out of the 1% that are almost certainly bought and owned by big business interests does not turn it into a debate or simple a matter of a difference of opinion. Not at all.

By the way, you, along with myself and pretty much everyone else on this footy forum are surely not qualified to be spouting expert "opinion" on complex scientific matters. So any opinion on the facts by any of us are surely questionable at best and we should stay in our lane. That last bit about staying in our lane IS opinion and you and all people are free to disagree with it. But what you can't argue is the fact that you're not a scientist yourself. Surely. In which case, why keep going hammer and tong. You prefer to swallow what your team the right wing media are selling. Fine. I don't mind. But if you put their stuff up as fact and it gets fact checked as lies, then don't get your knickers in a knot when the proof gets put up in subsequent posts.

Facts are facts. Opinions are opinions. That's a fact by the way. ;)

Quackery they say.

Quack, quack. 😂 (c'mon, where's your sense of humour?)

Oh dear. Your hero Steve Goddard - that's his real name - seems to be getting banned quite a lot. But he's a hero of the 1% so goodo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back