• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Do you have confidence in the current administration?

Do you have confidence in the current administration?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great Post mate.

Questions need to be asked about staff recruitment. Four Rabbitohs staff in important football coaching, ops, and pathways positions had a relationship from a Q Cup team. Did they advertise and select the best available people for the job, or merely bring in mates? Did Solly and the board permit this type of recruiting?

A big reason Wayne went so well the first time at Souths was because the club was firm on certain staff. I think there was a bit of a palava about Wayne wanting to bring down his long-time High Performance man, but the club insisted on promoting a guy they already had at the club. He ended up being well-respected and liked by the supporter base for his weekly injury updates on the club website. Once Wayne left, he was gone too, took the Rabbitohs sports scientist with him, and arguably went on to bigger and better things at Collingwood with a premiership last year.

High performance and medical has already turned over. The club had three High Performance Managers from 2021-2023. A physio of nearly two decades was tapped last year and a completely different physio/rehab team installed in 2024. It seemed as though the powers that be were blaming everything and everyone else but themselves, made multiple changes in staff, but then got the sack themselves once the club realised the issue was them.

And calves? Has anyone seen the pre-season fluff series leading into 2024 season? I winced at the hilly road runs they were doing. Not sure 90-120kg footballers should be training like 60-70kg distance runners and triathletes. An athlete in my younger days, hills would put a strain through the calves like nothing else. Could imagine the load some of the bigger boys were enduring through the calves and achilles with these runs. But I'm not a professional so maybe it's standard pre-season fair.
Really good summary and appreciate the time it took to put it together.

There's no doubt our high performance has been an oxymoron over the last 2 years.

And good questions on the governance oversight from the Board and Solly.

I maintain that we need a strong COO/Head of Football to counter-balance Wayne and to ensure we have a succession plan when Wayne moves on again.

And @Smiths Crisps - I'm worried about our end of season review process. Because we had one last year and nothing seemed to change.

It’s typical, everyone speaks of lurks & perks & “the roosters do it” but nobody can tell us what it is

A well run club , does not rely on fan forum to tell them how to do things.

A well run club, knows the rules , understands the grey legal areas , has well connected arm length and trusted wealthy backers and then connects the dots to get things done.

there are many ways to enhance player wealth/lifestyle/future that can be established outside of the official salary cap if the dots are connected correctly. A career placement for family members , for the player , a "good" price on property for player /family , a paper bag.Connecting the dots is the role of a top official.

A well run club, knows the rules , understands the grey legal areas , has well connected arm length and trusted wealthy backers and then connects the dots to get things done.

there are many ways to enhance player wealth/lifestyle/future that can be established outside of the official salary cap if the dots are connected correctly. A career placement for family members , for the player , a "good" price on property for player /family , a paper bag.Connecting the dots is the role of a top official.
Ok cool.
So lets shut the forum down, no one can talk about things if they don't play it or run it

Right, so these “grey areas” are there but we can’t see them & even if we knew what they were, as a group we don’t need to tell the experts because they should know
Sounds like nuclear physicists & the god particle

But you do allude to perks for family members, property advantages, cash under the table etc
These old chestnuts have been alluded to since Adam was a boy & for the most part remain a myth, there have been one or two cases that have been caught out
I hazzard to guess what kind of shitfight would emerge if we did get exposed doing any of that, the people who bemoan this supposedly happening under the salary cap auditors nose would be screaming for sackings, screaming about the shame to the club, the owners would be ropable & we'd potentially cop something like Melbourne did & set the club back decades, potentially even destroying the club completely

Right, so these “grey areas” are there but we can’t see them & even if we knew what they were, as a group we don’t need to tell the experts because they should know
Sounds like nuclear physicists & the god particle

But you do allude to perks for family members, property advantages, cash under the table etc
These old chestnuts have been alluded to since Adam was a boy & for the most part remain a myth, there have been one or two cases that have been caught out
I hazzard to guess what kind of shitfight would emerge if we did get exposed doing any of that, the people who bemoan this supposedly happening under the salary cap auditors nose would be screaming for sackings, screaming about the shame to the club, the owners would be ropable & we'd potentially cop something like Melbourne did & set the club back decades, potentially even destroying the club completely

To be fair TTHD, the likes of Anasta & Fletcher have alluded, sometimes accidentall, to what many would call dodgy deals both during and after their careers

To be fair TTHD, the likes of Anasta & Fletcher have alluded, sometimes accidentall, to what many would call dodgy deals both during and after their careers

Ahhh well, must be true then
Fletcher often takes the piss out of the stereotype that revolves around Politis, cash in paper bags & inflated salary caps
He’s got a sense of humour
I think it’s impossible to convince people that in the real world that the Chooks font cheat, I agree we could possibly get a little more creative as long as it’s within the laws of the cap

Ahhh well, must be true then
Fletcher often takes the piss out of the stereotype that revolves around Politis, cash in paper bags & inflated salary caps
He’s got a sense of humour
I think it’s impossible to convince people that in the real world that the Chooks font cheat, I agree we could possibly get a little more creative as long as it’s within the laws of the cap

I can’t recall the instance, unfortunately, but I heard a discussion the other week regarding a 3rd party agreement that was approved by the NRL and my mind immediately thought “WTF, thats the same mob who knocked back George Burgess having a non speaking extras role in a Crowe movie. Despite George actually doing acting classes at the time.

It was an absolute pusstake 🤬

All salaries and 3rd parties should be disclosed as they are in the NFL

I can’t recall the instance, unfortunately, but I heard a discussion the other week regarding a 3rd party agreement that was approved by the NRL and my mind immediately thought “WTF, thats the same mob who knocked back George Burgess having a non speaking extras role in a Crowe movie. Despite George actually doing acting classes at the time.

It was an absolute pusstake 🤬

All salaries and 3rd parties should be disclosed as they are in the NFL

I don’t know what the details or explanation was so it’s hard to get a gauge
But I guarantee that any club that wants to push the cap & any advantage would be checking in with the auditors first, no club wants to do a Melbourne, commercial partners & members & any other income stream are harder to come by, if you get caught, apart from being heavily penalised, you’d lose a hell of a lot of corporate support

What anasta says is that the roosters surround you with people who help you invest your money more effectively. He also says they create networks that provide players with post career opportunities. He says that’s why players are prepared to take less to go there

we have the business contacts to create that kind of environment so why aren’t we known for doing that.

Really good summary and appreciate the time it took to put it together.

There's no doubt our high performance has been an oxymoron over the last 2 years.

And good questions on the governance oversight from the Board and Solly.

I maintain that we need a strong COO/Head of Football to counter-balance Wayne and to ensure we have a succession plan when Wayne moves on again.

And @Smiths Crisps - I'm worried about our end of season review process. Because we had one last year and nothing seemed to change.

The folks who conducted the review are gone.

What anasta says is that the roosters surround you with people who help you invest your money more effectively. He also says they create networks that provide players with post career opportunities. He says that’s why players are prepared to take less to go there

we have the business contacts to create that kind of environment so why aren’t we known for doing that.
Is that why when Braith retired he allegedly had no money?

Do you know we aren't doing this or just speculating?

Latest posts

Back