• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Damien Cook

His support play is not good.
Most of the team were bludging. Tom was in support and Murray chose to go himself. I reckon Tom would have got us another 15 metres or possibly more up field. The question we should be asking is where was Latrell. All the good fullbacks in this comp are sniffing around looking for opportunities just like that one.

Last edited:
Cook was basically running behind Cam for that break. Cody is usually a great support player. Seems as though Tom is that guy now. Probably the last player you want in support.

No doubt if Cook or Cody was there instead of Tom then Cam passes the ball.

He's just lost his instincts for the game - which is why he was so dynamic. I do wish that it wasn't coached out of him. Though I can see why it was, because at times his compass would completely invert.

There are certainly times when I would like to see him just play some footy and see what happens, rather than going through the mental rhythm of making sure that he lands the ball right in the receivers bread basket.

It’s funny but Seibold got the best out of Cook. His hesitation after the Murray break was a big part of why Ilias dropped the ball.

Cooks awesome support play, cost us the Grand Final on the same Murray break as last night…

Shame obviously he hasn’t learnt from it..

As for the whole running late in the set last night when we were on top, it was a massive momentum killer. Particularly after the Cheese and JWH had tightened up the middle for them.

How about the basics of being a hooker?
Not throwing bags of potatos at your first receiver!

2 hookers are being used by a few teams , we tried it back in the farrah/mcinnes /cook days with maguire & boy was that a mess . to make it work with cookie coming off the bench we would need someone of the calibre of grant from the storm .It is possible - our directors need to pull a few strings & make it happen .

Anything to add Sonic? Perhaps you Reggy?

Cook is a gun. End of story.

Time to find a new scapegoat.
Great performance from him the other night mate had us out of our seat on several occasions!

DDDDAAAAMMMMIIIEEENNNNNNNN.

What is that noise I hear…… oh yep crickets from the ones that always try bring him down they haven’t made a whimper

Back to his headless old ways last night.

So so so frustrating!!!!!

Compare Cookie with Grant,his running creates gaps and tries.
Cookie one of my favourite players has the toe to score a heap of tries.
But,instead of using his speed to run for the opening he jinks around thus negating his speed!
Dunno if there is an answer but he fails to utilise his own speed!

Anything to add Sonic? Perhaps you Reggy?

Cook is a gun. End of story.

Time to find a new scapegoat.

Yes, he is over-rated by the media which gets him picked for SOO.

His best games are when he doesn't get in the way of other creative players.

Lacks a footy brain, runs like a headless chook and king of the crash ball play.

Give him an offload and he won't take advantage of it.

Might have one good game here or there which guys like you come out of your shell to tell us how great he is before retreating back to your shell for another month or so.

His strength is meant to be his running game but he averages 68 metres per game.

In a nut shell, one of the most over-rated players in the comp.

Latest posts

Back