• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Cody & Trell racially vilified during Dragons game

The C word seems to be common speak amongst lots of people even women

We have a thankfully small number of complete morons on this forum who endlessly take every opportunity to abuse, insult and humiliate Mitchell and at times Cody, why would we be surprised when opposition fans get into it?

I suppose we're supposed to start liking him again now? Someone was a racist to him and now we should all jump in and have his back!!!

Nope, he still sucks. Go back to the Scum please.

I suppose we're supposed to start liking him again now? Someone was a racist to him and now we should all jump in and have his back!!!

Nah you don’t have to like him or the way he plays. Thats all good. I’m not a big fan of his level of output on the field in the last dozen or so games he’s played.

Racially abusing him is not acceptable in any way though (and yes I know you aren’t being racist and it’s not directed at you)

We have a thankfully small number of complete morons on this forum who endlessly take every opportunity to abuse, insult and humiliate Mitchell and at times Cody, why would we be surprised when opposition fans get into it?
Or our own fans.

I’m disgusted but not surprised by that article.

Some of the “debates” on here - where posters have demonstrated a complete and unapologetic ignorance of what constitutes racism in the first place - where Latrell in particular is constantly denigrated and called names, is evidence of this.

I suppose we're supposed to start liking him again now? Someone was a racist to him and now we should all jump in and have his back

Wow, has anyone said that??? Oh but I get your message, it’s perfectly clear along with the underlying tone🤮

Or our own fans.

I’m disgusted but not surprised by that article.

Some of the “debates” on here - where posters have demonstrated a complete and unapologetic ignorance of what constitutes racism in the first place - where Latrell in particular is constantly denigrated and called names, is evidence of this.
I must have missed some posts. What names have they been called that are racist?

Please tell us?
Still waiting!

Last edited:

WIth respect you have totally missed the point of the discussion about racism. Nobody is asking you to like or even respect player A or player B. The point is, regardless of a player's fitness, attitude or ability, sitting on the hill launching racial based slurs to impress your mates is a gutless expression of pack mentality...and totally inappropriate for the game we follow. You can criticise player A and player B for their sporting prowess or lack thereof ( if you must)....but not for the colour of their skin or their ethnic background. The same applies to their sexual preference ( aka Ian Roberts)

Wow, the complete lack of understanding of how racism works by some here is amazing.

Actually asking for racist names or insults to be quoted shows how little understanding you have of the issue. There doesn't need to be blatantly racist insults used for the abuse to be racially based.

Let's take Mitchell as an example, on this forum he has been called lazy, useless, missing in action, a bludger, he's gone walkabout, overpaid, arrogant, big headed etc etc etc, while other players out of form are given a free pass and no abuse.

Why is that? Why is Mitchell such a target but others are not?

It's because of the type of black fella Mitchell is, he speaks out, he stands up for indigenous rights, he refuses to sing an anthem that celebrates colonialism and land theft, and white fellas just don't like that.

So they hit back with endless abuse and insults.

Of course the insults he receives on this forum are racially based.

AJ doesn't get the insults because he doesn't speak out, he's a good black fella that is accepted by whites.

Mitchell is a bad black fella because he speaks out.

Blatant racism. If you treat or view someone differently because of their race, that's racism, and it's exactly what we see with Mitchell.

Wow, the complete lack of understanding of how racism works by some here is amazing.

Actually asking for racist names or insults to be quoted shows how little understanding you have of the issue. There doesn't need to be blatantly racist insults used for the abuse to be racially based.

Let's take Mitchell as an example, on this forum he has been called lazy, useless, missing in action, a bludger, he's gone walkabout, overpaid, arrogant, big headed etc etc etc, while other players out of form are given a free pass and no abuse.

It's because of the type of black fella Mitchell is, he speaks out, he stands up for indigenous rights, he refuses to sing an anthem that celebrates colonialism and land theft, and white fellas just don't like that.

AJ doesn't get the insults because he doesn't speak out, he's a good black fella that is accepted by whites.

Blatant racism. If you treat or view someone differently because of their race, that's racism, and it's exactly what we see with Mitchell.
Bullshit.

The only one listed there that is racist is walkabout. The rest refer to him as a footballer. To be racist it has to be an attack on someone's race and stereotypes. Those words are in relation to the money he earns playing football.

He is targeted by souths fans because he is one of our highest paid players who does not deliver. Cook cops just as much from our base due to his pay versus output. The difference with Mitchell is he talks himself up and does not delivery and if there is one thing Aussies hate is a show pony. If he delivered or didn't talk himself up he prob does not face what he is facing.

Because someone is indigenous, lebanese, Greek etc does not mean it's an automatic racist slur. I'm lebanese and if I was called out for my performance at work I wouldn't take it as a racial slur.

Now are some of the posters posting and fans booing targeting Mitchell due to racism? Probably. Hell we just lost a referendum which clearly shows where Australia is with indigenous rights. But Mitchell being indigenous does not exclude him from the fact his is not worth his million dollars atm.

Really drawn a long bow here.

I haven't seen one fan on the pride be racist towards Trell.

If you can point out to me who has and where these posts are I would love to respond to them but I don't think they exist and you're stirring more drama.

Trells form has been poor, his effort areas are poor, his actions on the field have been poor, copping a 3 game suspension for lashing out for no reason was as dumb as it gets, so have been some of his other suspensions or things he has done on field.

Don't try and play the race card if fans on here call that out.

if you're saying Trell is the only player that cops criticism, you must be blind, again that is you making things up to suit your agenda.

Majority of the team cops it, cook, koala, chee kam, host, milne, kenner and the list goes on.

Bullshit.

The only one listed there that is racist is walkabout. The rest refer to him as a footballer. To be racist it has to be an attack on someone's race and stereotypes. Those words are in relation to the money he earns playing football.

He is targeted by souths fans because he is one of our highest paid players who does not deliver. Cook cops just as much from our base due to his pay versus output. The difference with Mitchell is he talks himself up and does not delivery and if there is one thing Aussies hate is a show pony. If he delivered or didn't talk himself up he prob does not face what he is facing.

Because someone is indigenous, lebanese, Greek etc does not mean it's an automatic racist slur. I'm lebanese and if I was called out for my performance at work I wouldn't take it as a racial slur.

Now are some of the posters posting and fans booing targeting Mitchell due to racism? Probably. Hell we just lost a referendum which clearly shows where Australia is with indigenous rights. But Mitchell being indigenous does not exclude him from the fact his is not worth his million dollars atm.

I'd suggest you read my post again and this time try to understand the point of what racism can be initiated from.

According to you I can treat someone badly and insult them because I don't like their colour, but as long as I don't call them a black bastard it's not racist?

The most ridiculous thing I've heard.

I suggest that you Darko take your monstrous ego and take a powder with your slanderous attacks on good footie judges for criticising MIA.
Its warranted criticism I believe!
If he doesn’t lift his level of performance he should be shown the door.
Once in a generation player,my arse!

Back