• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Classic TV

I can't believe none of you blokes mentioned Rin, Tin, Tin, Circus Boy, The Mickey Mouse Club or Skippy?

Circus Boy starring Micky Dolenz of The Monkees fame and Rocky from The Rockford Files ( one of my favourite shows back then) Micky is 80 next year.

Has anyone mentioned Lost in Space?

Don't forget the Westerns: Buffalo Bill Jr, Anne Oakley, Rifleman, Wells Fargo, Maverick, Bronco Lane, Cheyanne, Sugar Foot, Batt Masterson, Lawman, Have Gun will Travel, Fury, Rin Tin Tin, The Wild Wild West, Casey Jones, The Texas Rangers, The Lone Ranger, Bonanza and Gun Smoke. Must be others but that is about it for me.

Has anyone mentioned Lost in Space?
Yes, I mentioned that one along with Land of the Giants and The Thunderbirds. I just thought of a couple more: Dobie Gillis starring Gilligan before he made it to the Island and Petticoat Junction one of my mum's favourites.

Last edited:
And here I was thinking that scrolling through endless twitter links was boring…..
That will teach me to complain…
And all those young people addicted to their screens! Society's going to hell!

There's a rumour that all these great shows from a bygone era will be making a return to our TV screens in the near future and will be shown at random on the big screen at Stadium Australia prior to our home games. Hence these comments now making an appearance in our rumours section....😁
If Dutton is PM after the next election, well absolutely it will happen :D

Remember the show Combat?, many of us who grew up in the 60s would have had mock wars with other kids after watching Combat.

Those born after 1980 wont realize the amount of British shows we used to get on TV, you could fill this whole thread with UK TV , Please Sir was one .

Last edited:
Those born after 1980 wont realize the amount of British shows we used to get on TV, you could fill this whole thread with UK TV , Please Sir was one .
Please Sir, Mind Your Language, Love Thy Neighbour, On The Buses, George and Mildred, Father Dear Father, Man About The House.

Latest posts

Back