• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Chicken Pox

PA

Grand Master
Reaction score
This week I got Chicken Pox, I had no idea about it. My son picked it up from school but he was vaccinated against it along with my daughter. My wife had it when she was a little girl so is out of the woods.

If you have never been vaccinated against chicken Pox and have never had it before can I please suggest you get it done. This has been one of the most debilitating illnesses I have ever had. Constantly fatigued, arching musculs and yesterday broke out into the pox themselves. Constantly have the chills and then after taking Panadol heasted up which mad me feel a lot better but then waking up at 3am freezing. The pox themselves are the least of the worries. I can't work for a week as I'm highly contagious. I started watching the games last night and quickly morfed into not caring about anything, the whole thing is an endurance test.

Anyway, I'll get over it but please go and get yousrelf a Chicken Pox vax, I know we're jab happy these days with Covid but this has been way worse than when I have Covid at the start of the year.

Doctor said Chicken Pox, my son had chicken pox before me and the Doctor said it was Chicken pox, the school had advised there was an out break of Chicken pox.

Surprised your not vaxxed. I thought everyone was done in primary school

Surprised your not vaxxed. I thought everyone was done in primary school
Ha Ha Ha, I was well out of Primary school and High school before they brought in the Chicken Pox Vax, according to the Doctor it was only 15 years go. My kids are vaxxed against it but not me.

I hope you feel better soon PA - a win tonight would be nice!

My understanding on the chicken pox vaccine is that it does wear off after time, especially if you didn't actually get infected with the virus when you were a child. I can't be certain on this though.

I hope you feel better soon PA - a win tonight would be nice!

My understanding on the chicken pox vaccine is that it does wear off after time, especially if you didn't actually get infected with the virus when you were a child. I can't be certain on this though.
Thanks Rabbit J, my son had the vaccine at some stage and his was 95% better than what I'm and going through. Interesting about the vaccine wearing off but I'd still recommend to anyone to get it done.

Back