• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Boxing canelo vs bivol highlights

Bluey

Reaction score
Always been a massive fan of Canelo Alvarez and thought him unstoppable but this Russian fighter Bivol is something special, very sharp with good ringcraft.

Hope this is not the beginning of the end of a wonderful career for our Alex, this loss makes 2 in a row.

Always been a massive fan of Canelo Alvarez and thought him unstoppable but this Russian fighter Bivol is something special, very sharp with good ringcraft.
Same here Bluey!
Wow! Never thought I’d see someone defeat Canelo!

For the fight fans, love the way the big fella just lay there looking at the ref counting like he was napping, Wilder must have thought "oh shit" when he rose, great character . doesnt look fit but the big man can fight.
The gypsie king..

If your a fight fan this is a great doco on Jack Johnstone called "Unforgivable Blackness", loved the part when was pulled up by the police for speeding and paid double the fine, when asked why he paid double he replied " thats for when i come back " , this is best watched on TV.

Last edited:
The worst beating in history, Jack Dempsey vrs Jess Willard, its said Jack was raped by a group of drifters when he hitched a ride in a rail car and he pictured the faces of those men when he fought.

The reach wasn’t the reason for the loss Bluey. That fight should have been stopped after the the 3rd round🤬
I think he was badly let down by his corner 😰
Such a brave effort considering he was fighting blind for 8 rounds

Have not watched the fight yet, there will be some good pirate videos coming up on YouTube shortly..
The reach wasn’t the reason for the loss Bluey. That fight should have been stopped after the the 3rd round🤬
😉

I’ve got no doubt he wins easily with out the cut.
still a ripper of a fight and worth watching

Not sure how long this stays up on Youtube but Tim landed some ripper shots and its only the elbow to the head that split him impairing his vision.

I’ve watched boxing all my life, probably like you guys.
Fundora was underestimated and possesses something that Tim doesn’t - HUMILITY.
Sport can be a great leveller and teach many of life’s lessons. I hope Tim takes it on board.

Yes, Tim may win the return bout but for all the punches he threw, where was the left hook to the liver? Not sighted all fight. Very telling.

Terence Crawford would eat him alive!!!

Not sure i would say Tim doesn't possess humility , he always come across as a decent person , have you watched his speech after the fight?, he gave credit to his opponent, if anything i think his management team let him down by accepting the fight in the first place, such short notice for a fighter so tall and a southpaw as well, too much risk imho..
I’ve watched boxing all my life, probably like you guys.
Fundora was underestimated and possesses something that Tim doesn’t - HUMILITY.
Sport can be a great leveller and teach many of life’s lessons. I hope Tim takes it on board.

Yes, Tim may win the return bout but for all the punches he threw, where was the left hook to the liver? Not sighted all fight. Very telling.

Terence Crawford would eat him alive!!!

When asked re his cutman and the suggested use of the wrong ointment Tim replies "no comment".

Not sure i would say Tim doesn't possess humility , he always come across as a decent person , have you watched his speech after the fight?, he gave credit to his opponent, if anything i think his management team let him down by accepting the fight in the first place, such short notice for a fighter so tall and a southpaw as well, too much risk imho..
Yes, he was humble in defeat but not preflight or prior in his career.
I don’t know if you find it OK but his repeated comments about “loving seeing his opponents blood” and hurting them don’t resonate with me. I am fully aware of the modern day pumping up fights and Fox/Main Event advertising but I don’t like it.

All of them could still say dominant stuff like “I’ll be way too strong”…. etc and would have the same effect.

Champs like Ali had a big mouth but humoured pre fights and were clever with their words.

It’s all a “ME” generation these days.

Totally agree with your sentiments about his management too.

There’s a link there with Souths as well. No Limit Boxing manages Mitchell, Cody and Wighton and I think Souths signed that dud Suluka-Fifita because of No Limit pressure.

Same thing happened at Manly (Isaac Moses??)

Player managers have too much influence in the modern game.

Back