• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 10: Rabbitohs v Dragons

I wonder if she is allowed to referee our games given Gavin is employed by the club these days? I can’t re-call having her in the past.
That would imply that the NRL recognises conflicts of interest.

I'd be surprised if she refs any games this weekend.

She lost control of that game unfortunately and the bunker didn't help her cause.

I thought Belinda Sharpe did a good job of the game she reffed last weekend (think it was the Melbourne game but could be wrong).
Roosters vs Warriors

I hope she goes well. Regardless, the rorters coach will whinge about her.

Not a fan of having Havili at lock and Chee Kam in the centre’s but I’m guessing that would have to do

What problem does this coaching team past and present have with Tallis Duncan? Is he a bad trainer or? He should walk into the 13 role when Murray isn’t there.

Havili is just going to get in the way.

Matt French is usually a middle but is a bit more mobile, so assuming he spells Jai Arrow on the left edge?

I thought that Hornby would play Wighton in the halves but I'm glad he hasn't. He has played very well at left centre and his partnership with Cody can continue to develop this way.

And it gives Teaupa to show what he can do in the 7 jumper.

Nice work Hornby.

What problem does this coaching team past and present have with Tallis Duncan? Is he a bad trainer or? He should walk into the 13 role when Murray isn’t there.

Havili is just going to get in the way.
Impact?
That's about all I can think of. Burgess on bench as well.

Team list Tuesday babyyyy!!

It's a pretty damn interesting one this week given our current crisis. But honestly, what we have named isn't overly bad. Yea, we're super depleted and a lot of the side this week is made up of 'solid' guys, but that's not too bad. They won't produce anything super special, but maybe they can do a job?

Firstly, the big one is that Trell is back!! What kind of Trell are we going to get back is what I'm most interested in. It's time for him to stand up and start performing and pulling his weight as his career is at a crossroad. This little period away will either be the making or breaking of him and only he can decide so I'm very interested to see what Latrell turns up. If it's the one we all know he can be, then that will help our current situation immensely.

I'm happy enough with the rest of the backline. They did a job for the most part last week and who else do we have to name there. Shibasaki on club debut will be interesting, and he was always in line to play once Tassy went down.

Stoked for Dion to finally get his NRL debut! I rate him and while I think he's more of a 5/8, he has more upside than Hawkins for mine so I'm excited to see how he goes. Also, glad that Hornby has resisted the urge to move Wighton.

The forward pack is what it is. I don't love the idea of Davvy and Kep starting but that's the world we live in now. I'd also prefer tallis to start at lock with Liva coming off the bench for impact but oh well.

Matt French is the other debutant and he deserves it. Can't wait to see him go!

AJ named in the extended squad which means he's a chance! Here's hoping!

Why do I feel positive about this line up??

Yeah I imagine most of them are teachers or trades or selling cars and this week they’ve been called up to train fulltime 😄 would be quite a thrill and a story!
They had to quickly get some boys into the studio just to put the video out for the team list. 😜

Not a fan of having Havili at lock and Chee Kam in the centre’s but I’m guessing that would have to do
There’s your list of who’s available. 😉

Brock Gray isnt named in Cup so I guess he is injured/suspended otherwise I’d imagine he’d be in.
He’s injured. Not sure the injury but looking at 6 weeks. You have to feel for the bloke. He was going to get the call up.

Matt French has had his Steven Bradbury moment.

He’s injured. Not sure the injury but looking at 6 weeks. You have to feel for the bloke. He was going to get the call up.

Matt French has had his Steven Bradbury moment.
I read this time last year French was playing Ron Massey Cup before being picked up by Souths again mid year from the Bears. Great story that!

We beat them with plenty out in the Charity Shield. Take that positive thought into this game. That's how I'm getting motivated. This Saints side got pumped by 60 two weeks ago. They aren't exactly setting the comp on fire.
Ahh, the Charity Shield our de facto Grand Final for many years.
A reminder of how poor we were when we could sometimes stick our chests out when we managed to chalk up a win.

Last edited:
I read this time last year French was playing Ron Massey Cup before being picked up by Souths again mid year from the Bears. Great story that!
Wasn’t he part of our Flegg side that won?

Back