• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Alex Johnston

Isnt an achilles a 6-8 month injury? ie all going well he’d be near fit for R1 or early rounds? We arent talking about him returning mid next year or the like.
6 months is generally best case just to return to jogging. Sprinting is a number of months longer. He will have little-no running preseason and will be lucky to be full speed running before round 6, around 9 months. At least. Hopefully he is a good healer.

Is that the side of his hamstring injury?

Isnt an achilles a 6-8 month injury? ie all going well he’d be near fit for R1 or early rounds? We arent talking about him returning mid next year or the like.
I did see NRL Physio mention on Twitter it’s 5-8 months with surgery. The thing I’m worried about with AJ is how he does come back from this injury?

One thing though is if he was one player tapped it will be much harder to get rid of him now. That record is starting to look much more harder now. In his favour is his age though. May not be with us though.

Sad to see it - knew it was bad as soon as he went down. Will be a long recovery but all we can do is hope he recaptures his form under Wayne.

I think he may have damaged it in his first hit-up. He got up looking quite ginger on his feet. Maybe a slight tear and it popped after that. Poor buggar. Terrible injury.

There’s being fit to play, and then there’s being fit to the point where you can play footy and hold your spot. I feel like anytime someone does an achillies, they spend 12 months in bog average form with fans suggesting they retire or move on.

I’m not expecting AJ to be himself over the opening half of 2025.

Back