• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 State of Origin

I quite often believe that there are parallel universes, and I have that belief reinforced by some of the commentary on this game.

The geniuses at SMH gave Murray a rating of 6 and Yeo a rating of 7.

Was I the only one that saw the middle collapse when Murray left the field?

Or that Haas and Murray worked in tandem to tear the Qld defence to shreds in that first half which gave Mitchell the platform he needed to put on a score of 34 points?

And when Murray went off our forward advantage virtually disappeared?

Murray at least deserved a 7.5 like Mitchell got. I mean Jurbo - who was basically invisible all night got the same rating as Murray.

(Rant over)

I’m not sure what Jurbo brings to the table, yes he’s a nice bloke and tries hard but my goodness he’s not going to win you a game or save a game. He’s very pedestrian with the ball and more often than not kills the set with a plodding run.
I don‘t like to use the word plodder because he’s obviously a great team man and highly respected, but as an Origin player….I‘m not seeing it.

You can only laugh.

After the game one of the commentators gave Madge a rap and said "Madge's loyalty to Mitchell really paid off".

WTF, did they mean the loyalty he showed by picking flog Sua'ali'i ahead of him for game one?
Yes and the fact that Mitchell is arguably the best centre in the NRL and in good form has nothing to do with it?
Some commentators open their mouths and words accidentally fall out.

You can only laugh.

After the game one of the commentators gave Madge a rap and said "Madge's loyalty to Mitchell really paid off".

WTF, did they mean the loyalty he showed by picking flog Sua'ali'i ahead of him for game one?
Morons the lot of them!

A couple of thoughts.

No issue with giving Moses man of the match, but would have also been quite happy to see Angus get it, he was a beast last night.

Imagine how well NSW would have played with a 5/8, I am just not seeing anything in Leaui. nothing, just confusion in everything he does.

I’m not sure what Jurbo brings to the table, yes he’s a nice bloke and tries hard but my goodness he’s not going to win you a game or save a game. He’s very pedestrian with the ball and more often than not kills the set with a plodding run.
I don‘t like to use the word plodder because he’s obviously a great team man and highly respected, but as an Origin player….I‘m not seeing it.
I actually think Yeo is starting to fall into this category as well

I’ve been a fan of his for years and thought we should of chased him back when Angus left

But he’s starting to look slow and cumbersome out there compared to guys like Murray and Carrigan

I actually think Yeo is starting to fall into this category as well

I’ve been a fan of his for years and thought we should of chased him back when Angus left

But he’s starting to look slow and cumbersome out there compared to guys like Murray and Carrigan
I still rate Yeo. His stats were quite acceptable last night but being biased I think Cam is the better link man and has a better all round game. As I said last night, Jurbo is a waste of a spot imo. He's going to be hard to drop though being captain of a winning team. :(

I still rate Yeo. His stats were quite acceptable last night but being biased I think Cam is the better link man and has a better all round game. As I said last night, Jurbo is a waste of a spot imo. He's going to be hard to drop though being captain of a winning team. :(
Not a chance Jurbo gets dropped, in fact he’s probably already got a free pass for the 2025 series. Look I don’t like to single him out as an outlier in that pack and he’s probably contributing something less tangible in the whole team harmony and effort areas. It’s hard to not like the bloke, especially after a great win like that.

Last edited:
I quite often believe that there are parallel universes, and I have that belief reinforced by some of the commentary on this game.

The geniuses at SMH gave Murray a rating of 6 and Yeo a rating of 7.

Was I the only one that saw the middle collapse when Murray left the field?

Or that Haas and Murray worked in tandem to tear the Qld defence to shreds in that first half which gave Mitchell the platform he needed to put on a score of 34 points?

And when Murray went off our forward advantage virtually disappeared?

Murray at least deserved a 7.5 like Mitchell got. I mean Jurbo - who was basically invisible all night got the same rating as Murray.

(Rant over)
And Kapewell made 3 runs and got a rating of 7 - the highest for any Queenslander.

I saw another set of rating where Murray got 9.

Goes to show you though that Mitchell is one stupid act from getting a three week suspension.
He will probably wait till we really need him. It doesn’t seem he is ever going to learn his lesson or someone from club is brave enough to pull him into line.

Back